• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I'm taking my father shooting for the first time...

Grim_Night

Was thinking about going to the marksman saturday because of the fact thst I can rent guns to test out but I was really hoping to find someplace outdoors and as close tobfree as possible as this is sort of a birthday present to myself. Will cost $30 minimum just for my father and I to get on the range at the marksman as he needs to take the manditory range safety class as well as range fee fer him and I. Already talked to Tom and was hoping others might have a good recommendation as to someplace I can take my father wher he and I can enjoy just shooting.

Grim_Night

I don't know where that is. I have no car and my father lives in elma so... and I just got off the phone with him and it seems that heading there saturday would be a nice idea. I just need details on how to get there from Olympia.

squeezeplae

Congratulations hope you both have fun. You guys are a little far south for my recommendation. Took my wife for her first shoot to Champion Arms in Kent.Knowledgable, helpful courteous staff, willing to help out the new shooter. She loved it, started her with Walther P22, then to the 9mm, and the .45 she had a great time and now is asking to go again. I think she'll be wanting a sidearm for herself soon maybe birthday present.