• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mandatory liability insurance for gun owners?

OC for ME

Do I advocate for such? No.

Illuminating my fellow citizens to the liberal mindset regarding liability insurance schemes or a onerous tax is warranted. Obamacare has shown us, once again, who liberals are and what they desire.

We have a right to own property and thus we have a right to purchase a car (with our property, our money). I believe that we do have a right to drive our property on the public roads and not to be taxed for mere ownership of the car. We are taxed via fuel taxes that are in addition to the fuel sales transaction to maintain the public roads. Car property taxes go to other segments of the government and not to maintain the roads, at least mine do.

I view a tax for mere ownership of any of my property to be unconstitutional yet I must pay a tax or be penalized.

Firearm liability insurance (and a yearly ownership tax) is a means to the liberal end, to make firearm ownership as difficult as possible for the less than affluent citizen. Liberals can not infringe upon our right. However, if we cannot afford to own a firearm, even after lawful purchase, that is our problem and not a constitutional issue thanks to SCOTUS.

I'll betcha a dollar to a doughnut that the liberals would never go along with a tax for not owning a firearm and then we being exempt from the tax once ownership is confirmed.....via registration of course. Which could require liability insurance to complete the retail sales transaction.

We must have liability insurance at a minimum to operate our car on the public roads. And we must pay a yearly tax to permit driving on the public roads. Don't pay your yearly tax, or have insurance, no registration for you, and thus no lawful operation on the public roads.

palerider116

I am curious. What happens to those who use their guns illegally to rob, rape, murder, et cetera? Is the insurance penalty going to prevent crime?

motoxmann

I'm surprised David hasn't replied in this thread yet on his recent discovery through some foia documents he obtained regarding mandatory firearm insurance.

in short; if your insurance lapses at ANY point in time, they confiscate your firearms, all of them

shastadude17

Just bought my Free Speech Policy from Geico. For $39.85 a month, I get up to $15,000 of protection in the event that someone sues me for hurting their feelings. You can't beat that. Thank you, Geico.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I'm surprised David hasn't replied in this thread yet on his recent discovery through some foia documents he obtained regarding mandatory firearm insurance.

in short; if your insurance lapses at ANY point in time, they confiscate your firearms, all of them

Anyone who wants to see the docs I obtained I would e-mail them via a PM .. ~80 pgs in a pdf file

They know that insurance companies would not pay for what they claim that the insurance mandate is for .... its just a gun grab ...

I called/inquired my insurance company years ago and asked about insurance .. they would not even issue out a policy rider as the risk of an accidental death is about zero .. not worth the paperwork ..

I saw contacts with the brady foundation and other states too (IL for one) .. so you know who is behind this idea...

Last edited:

tattedupboy

And of course when criminals continue to commit crimes using guns, they're going to wonder why their magazine limits, insurance requirements, and outright bans didn't work.

Sent from my Acer Iconia A200 tab using Tapatalk HD

eye95

They won't wonder. They will know that they did not go far enough and will seek to do more. After having done more, to no effect, they will again not wonder why their laws did not work. They will know that they did not go far enough and will seek to do more. After having done more, to no effect...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

sudden valley gunner

They won't wonder. They will know that they did not go far enough and will seek to do more. After having done more, to no effect, they will again not wonder why their laws did not work. They will know that they did not go far enough and will seek to do more. After having done more, to no effect...

<o>

LOL....yep....it's like saying I took mercury to kill my disease, I must need more it's still here and I now have worse symptoms. We all know what the end result is though.

papa bear

And of course when criminals continue to commit crimes using guns, they're going to wonder why their magazine limits, insurance requirements, and outright bans didn't work.

Sent from my Acer Iconia A200 tab using Tapatalk HD

the problem is , that liberals consider criminals to be the victims of society. they wouldn't be BGs if they had been hugged more and kept poor by the evil rich. so anything they can do to make the BGs life easier they will do

sudden valley gunner

the problem is , that liberals consider criminals to be the victims of society. they wouldn't be BGs if they had been hugged more and kept poor by the evil rich. so anything they can do to make the BGs life easier they will do

My personal observation is they have been hugged too much, a little discipline would go a long way.

davidmcbeth

Banned
This is now becoming a reality in Oregon. One of the anti-gun measures that are being proposed is just this. Liability insurance on a per gun ownership.
http://www.leg.state.or.us/13reg/measpdf/sb0700.dir/sb0758.intro.pdf

A person is subject
to a separate civil penalty in accordance with this subsection with respect to each firearm
for which the person does not have coverage required under subsection (1)(a) of this section.

This means confiscation ..

SECTION 5. (1) A person that owns a firearm that discharges and causes an injury is
strictly liable in money damages for the injury to the extent of the person’s coverage under
a liability insurance policy described in section 7 of this 2013 Act.

This means that self defense would NOT be a defense ... "strict liability" means if you did it you are liable, no matter what the circumstances are

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned

<o>

It WILL have the effect it was designed for ... to confiscate guns ... you really believe that this is an insurance bill? How sweet..

okiebryan

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
It WILL have the effect it was designed for ... to confiscate guns ... you really believe that this is an insurance bill? How sweet..

Holy mother of God. This bill would make you liable for a gun some dirtbag stole from you for a year after it was reported stolen, or until the dirtbag got his own policy on the firearm. It also amounts to defacto registration, since you are not allowed to transfer the firearms to another without first calling the insurer to give them the serial number and verifying coverage.

This is WAY over the top. Sure hope that Oregon gun owners are on top of this.

Last edited:

We-the-People

Holy mother of God. This bill would make you liable for a gun some dirtbag stole from you for a year after it was reported stolen, or until the dirtbag got his own policy on the firearm. It also amounts to defacto registration, since you are not allowed to transfer the firearms to another without first calling the insurer to give them the serial number and verifying coverage.

We're on top of the entire laundry list of anti-gun legislation that has been introduced by teh usual hopolophobes, led by Ginny "Never saw a gun control bill that went far enough" Burdick. It appears to be a shotgun presentation....throwing everything out there and hoping that something makes it through in the name of compromise.

We've already gotten the sponsor of a particularly aggregious "ban" bill to high tail it away from the bill he sponsored (written by our "local" anti group) when his e-mail and phones were inundated by pissed off Oregonians.

40S&W

Seems to me if one is liable to injuries suffered by another, it would be in the best interest to terminate them, thus limiting ones liability to funeral costs.:eek:

davidmcbeth

Banned

Its meant to take your guns away.

They know Ins. Co. is paying ZERO for any deaths due to folks shooting other folks ... ram you car into something on purpose and jsut wait for that check in the mail ...

I don't think insurance companies even want to deal with this crap ... "Yeah, Bob, I have a killer on the phone and he is wondering where our check is? He sounds pretty pissed .. he killed his brother so his mother can get a fat check from us and he wants that money sent out today or he'll be coming over to see you"

DWCook

Activist Member
This idea is completely left field! I will not speak anymore on this as this is just a money source for the corrupted to get rich off of gun owners.