• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I-Team: State Lawmaker Pushing for Gun Tax

Lephi

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/21291821/state-lawmaker-pushing-for-gun-tax

LAS VEGAS -- The national discussion about gun violence is prompting Nevada lawmakers to consider new legislation.

Among the proposals is an excise tax on guns and ammunition to pay for mental health care.

Assembly Majority Leader William Horne requested the bill as a way to fund services for the mentally ill and victims of crime.

Although the ink isn't dry on a draft yet, should it pass, gun buyers could expect a tax on guns of between $20 and $25 and a tax on ammunition of 2 cents per round.

The Big Guy

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/21291821/state-lawmaker-pushing-for-gun-tax

LAS VEGAS -- The national discussion about gun violence is prompting Nevada lawmakers to consider new legislation.

Among the proposals is an excise tax on guns and ammunition to pay for mental health care.

Assembly Majority Leader William Horne requested the bill as a way to fund services for the mentally ill and victims of crime.

Although the ink isn't dry on a draft yet, should it pass, gun buyers could expect a tax on guns of between $20 and $25 and a tax on ammunition of 2 cents per round.

Assemblyman Horne? Really? Who'd a thunk? I am shocked and or dismayed...

TBG

CowboyKen

What is the Navada Firearms Coalition doing about this?

Ken

p.s.; I would think that if this passes it will tell us all that we need to know.

The Big Guy

What is the Navada Firearms Coalition doing about this?

Ken

p.s.; I would think that if this passes it will tell us all that we need to know.

I assume by your question that you're not a member. Is that correct?

What is it you would have the Coalition do? A new lobbyist has been hired that will work against all such legislation in Carson City. This is at great expense. Funds that as I understand they don't fully have yet to carry through the session.

If it does pass, what will it tell us that we need to know?

TBG