• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Port Huron man gets stolen gun back after a decade in evidence lockup.

Hevymetal

Not really OC related, but I like a story with a happy ending. Kudos to PHPD for doing the right thing.

http://www.thetimesherald.com/article/20130221/NEWS01/302210014?source=nletter-top5

Wise got the .32 caliber five-round New Departure Smith and Wesson revolver back Thursday from the Port Huron Police Department after it had been sitting in evidence for a decade.

Lt. Duane Loxton said he recently came upon the old firearm in the department’s evidence room.

“I thought he’d like it back,” he said.

griffin

That happened to me, too. I had a S&W 586 .357 mag in a lock-up in Mississippi for years and years until one day someone decided to clean the lock-up, and it got sent back to me.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
My question was more rhetorical than what it may have appeared...

Would you still "pay it back" if you had deducted the loss on your taxes??

Same answer - don't need to create any problems where none exists. Recognize though that I am hardly a tax expert.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Recognize though that I am hardly a tax expert.

well i dont think anyone is ... ya call 1800-829-1040 (look, I have it freaking memorized) and ya gotta wait 20 min before you reach someone who will give you an answer....i guess its better then them having the first guy just making a guess...

i always reference my 1988 irs reference book, just so i dont make any mistakes...