• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gettysburg, PA

Ballistic Otters

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I haven't been able to find all of the information, up-to-date, that I need.

I'm a Maine resident, who does not possess any LTC from any state.

Can I OC in PA (in places other than Philly/courthouses/etc.)?

Can I OC in Gettysburg? Will I wind up getting arrested/detained, or are the police knowledgeable enough?

Can I OC in the National Park, buildings (staffed or unstaffed), and on monuments/in visitors' centers? I've heard conflicting opinions on each.

Thanks a lot, everyone!

JTK

COsteve

You're fine

You can OC in Gettysburg, I've done it several times, no one cares. The police are aware of your rights and generally won't bother you. If you want to OC while driving, though, you need a PA LTCF or one from a state that PA honors. As for the GNMP, you're safe to open carry anywhere on the grounds, and in structures out on the battlefield, but I'd be careful about the visitor center itself. Techincally speaking, the law says that on National Park property, the gun laws from the surrounding state apply, so you should be ok in the visitor center, but I haven't been there in a while and don't know if they have a no guns sign.

Generally, though, you can OC in Gettysburg no problem. Maybe I'll run into you sometime!