Thread: House Bill 3200

House Bill 3200

Essentially outlaws most modern firearms in state of Oregon, and/or requires registration and inspection.

http://www.leg.state.or.us/13reg/mea...3200.intro.pdf

House Bill 3200

I just want to go out and find a liberal to hug really hard and express my joy at being saved from all these weapons of mass protection (not).
    God deliver us from these fools!

According to OFF the bill was written by CeasefireOregon and its legislative sponsor is backing away as fast as he can now that the calls and emails are coming in.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

House Bill 3200

I noticed that Buckley was listed as a co-sponsor to HB3200. Maybe he needs a little attention as well? I think I will send him a little note.

That has to be the most blatant gun grab masquerading as an assault weapons ban I've ever seen. The differences are subtle, but they're there...

Section 2 (C) (i) would tend to prohibit trigger guards as written. The definition of barrel shroud is even worse...it would define every single wood-stock hunting rifle I've ever seen in my life as having a barrel shroud.

Amazing...

Quote Originally Posted by Difdi View Post
    That has to be the most blatant gun grab masquerading as an assault weapons ban I've ever seen. The differences are subtle, but they're there...

Section 2 (C) (i) would tend to prohibit trigger guards as written. The definition of barrel shroud is even worse...it would define every single wood-stock hunting rifle I've ever seen in my life as having a barrel shroud.

Amazing...
    Yup. The entire purpose of the forestock of a long gun is to provide a place to hold the weapon and keep you from burning yourself on the barrel......the very way they define "barrel shroud". Makes you wonder if they've ever even seen a firearm.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.