• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

House Bill 3200

Haunter

I just want to go out and find a liberal to hug really hard and express my joy at being saved from all these weapons of mass protection (not).
God deliver us from these fools!

We-the-People

According to OFF the bill was written by CeasefireOregon and its legislative sponsor is backing away as fast as he can now that the calls and emails are coming in.

Haunter

I noticed that Buckley was listed as a co-sponsor to HB3200. Maybe he needs a little attention as well? I think I will send him a little note.

Difdi

That has to be the most blatant gun grab masquerading as an assault weapons ban I've ever seen. The differences are subtle, but they're there...

Section 2 (C) (i) would tend to prohibit trigger guards as written. The definition of barrel shroud is even worse...it would define every single wood-stock hunting rifle I've ever seen in my life as having a barrel shroud.

Amazing...

We-the-People

That has to be the most blatant gun grab masquerading as an assault weapons ban I've ever seen. The differences are subtle, but they're there...

Section 2 (C) (i) would tend to prohibit trigger guards as written. The definition of barrel shroud is even worse...it would define every single wood-stock hunting rifle I've ever seen in my life as having a barrel shroud.

Amazing...

Yup. The entire purpose of the forestock of a long gun is to provide a place to hold the weapon and keep you from burning yourself on the barrel......the very way they define "barrel shroud". Makes you wonder if they've ever even seen a firearm.