• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another huge Win in ILL

Firearms Iinstuctor

7TH CIRCUIT LETS POSNER RULING STAND; HUGE WIN FOR CCW, SAYS SAF [IL]

Friday, February 22, 2013 6:00:14 PM · by lbryce · 19 replies
Second Amenment Foundation ^ | February 22, 2013 | Staff

I took the liberty to rephrase the title in a manner that was more coherent The Second Amendment Foundation today won a significant victory for concealed carry when the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals let stand a December ruling by a three-judge panel of the court that forces Illinois to adopt a concealed carry law, thus affirming that the right to bear arms exists outside the home. The ruling came in Moore v. Madigan, a case filed by SAF. The December opinion that now stands was written by Judge Richard Posner, who gave the Illinois legislature 180 days to “craft...

beebobby

I wonder how long it will be until we can safely cross through Ill. without jumping through all the hoops.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
$20 says it will be a "may" issue, and that will allow them to not actually issue any. Oh, you had a parking ticket 20 years ago? Nope, no CCP for you.

detroit_fan

$20 says it will be a "may" issue, and that will allow them to not actually issue any. Oh, you had a parking ticket 20 years ago? Nope, no CCP for you.

i guarantee 100% it will be shall issue. the anti-gunners are WAY outnumbered on this in the state legislature, and the pro-gun politicians will not settle for may issue. if the anti-gunner fail to approve the shall issue then constitutional carry will kick in. the anti-gunner finally "got it" at a recent meeting check out this article-

http://southtownstar.suntimes.com/o...rry-coming-tougher-laws-on-gun-sales-too.html