• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

thinking of new .45

45acpForMe

XD-45 is a good choice. It is a very reliable gun. I am looking at a FN FNP-45. Its a little pricier that the XD but holds 15+1 of 45!

I have a FNP-45 with several 15 round magazines. I LOVE IT!!! My only complaint was that it was difficult to find a holster. The one I have and love is Desantis basketweave with a thumb break. http://www.opticsplanet.com/desanti...ed-thumb-break-scabbard-3-slot-001bg31z0.html

The FNP-45 has been replaced by the FNX-45. I haven't seen any real difference between them other than the name but supposedly they made some improvements. The FNP-45 is a DA/SA trigger so as long as you are ok with that it should be fine.

The Sig P220 is a great gun and I have several. I simply carry the FNP-45 more for the larger capacity. Both shoot great.

I also love the H&K USP. Both the H&K and the Sig will cost you more than the FNP-45 or a XDM/Glock/S&W.

FreeInAZ

I have a FNP-45 with several 15 round magazines. I LOVE IT!!! My only complaint was that it was difficult to find a holster. The one I have and love is Desantis basketweave with a thumb break. http://www.opticsplanet.com/desanti...ed-thumb-break-scabbard-3-slot-001bg31z0.html

The FNP-45 has been replaced by the FNX-45. I haven't seen any real difference between them other than the name but supposedly they made some improvements. The FNP-45 is a DA/SA trigger so as long as you are ok with that it should be fine.

The Sig P220 is a great gun and I have several. I simply carry the FNP-45 more for the larger capacity. Both shoot great.

I also love the H&K USP. Both the H&K and the Sig will cost you more than the FNP-45 or a XDM/Glock/S&W.

I recently bought a FNX-45. I think you are right. Maybe their "improvements" have to do with the Tactical version of the FNX-45 which comes with night sights, a threaded barrel & a slide that is "optical sight ready" meaning no fuss if you use one of the two halo sights they recommend. Seriously I can't tell any other difference. Mags are almost impossible to find! And as you mentioned holsters are slim pickings too... other than that I love the gun. FNH needs to get their crap together and start making these items if no one else in the market will. Almost all Hi-cap 45's are becoming very hard to find (Thanks O-buckwheat!) so I guess I should count my lucky stars I got this one. (Standard FNX-45 bi-tone).