• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Park City, KS Municipal Code

223cobra

Hello All;

I have recently applied for my CCH but am awaiting for my approval letter. In the meantime, I have been doing research online and found out open carry is legal in Wichita [recently passed]. However, I am unsure about Park City based on the municipal code [I know if the out right ban it then it unconstitutainal against the state]. I browsed through the municipal code and this is all I could find:

11-206.
CARRYING OR POSSESSING UNCONCEALED WEAPON. Any
person, other than an officer of the law or a deputy to such officer, who within the
corporate limits of the city, carries or possesses unconcealed and with intent to use the
same unlawfully against another any loaded firearm or any automatic firearms with a
magazines loaded in place, or any dagger, billy club, blackjack, slingshot or knife,
straight edged razor, stiletto or any other dangerous or deadly weapon or instrument of
like character which, when used, is likely to produce death or great bodily harm, shall be
deemed guilty of a misdemeanor; provided, however, that an ordinary, folding blade,
pocket knife with blades less than four (4) inches in length shall not be construed to be
a knife or a dangerous or deadly weapon for the purposes of this section. Upon
conviction for a violation of this section, the municipal court judge, in addition to the
penalty provided for violation of this section, may, in his or her discretion, order such
unconcealed weapon to be forfeited to the city and the same shall be disposed of by the
chief of police whenever the weapon is no longer needed for evidence.

It doesn't say you cannot if you are legally going to open carry, so do you think I would be alright? Does anyone here currently open carry in Park City or have anymore insight?

The website for the whole municipal code is www.parkcityks.com and the link is on the left side as download in PDF form.

Thanks in advance!