Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mecklenburg CCW Scam - Need Advice

Mecklenburg CCW Scam - Need Advice

I just realized that Mecklenburg county is now collecting a 20$(Hospital scam) surcharge on top of the 90$ fee.

After just paying 70$ for a mandatory class, I'm wondering why the state is trying to rob me.

180$ for a CCW permit is out of this world. I'm not going to tolerate this!

What other options would I have as far as non-resident permits go?

I know Florida has a non-resident that costs 100$ and it's good for 7 years instead of 5.
    They also don't charge 20$ to look up mental health records outsourcing a hospital.
    Still. 100$ Isn't cheap and I think it's unjustified.

I'm getting plain sick of this crap associated with CCW. Why is there so much red tape bureaucracy and high costs.

It's some simple paperwork. I could fax this stuff to them and not even have to mail anything.
    I can electronically send the fingerprints and they don't need to charge 45$ for a fingerprint fee, LOL.

Well if you have any options let me know.

I want to get my CCW permit from another state just so I can spit in the face of this unjustified system here.
    It's unconstitutional and I don't agree with it.
    Last edited by Glock-Blubber; 02-24-2013 at 02:47 AM.

Well I can't post here and give advice. But I would like to give a couple of cent on this subject if I may but I won't give it if it isn't wanted so with your permission?

Since UT now requires you get your home state permit first (if it recognizes UT), that's out. It used to be a popular option in your state.

Look into the AZ permit. It's only $60, and is recognized in TX. You can read about how to get one here: http://handgunlaw.us/states/arizona.pdf

But you avoid one less question if you just get your home state's permit.

But I understand the frustration. NV is one of the most expensive permitting processes in the country, with its nearly $100 fee and a mandatory class that must be taken in NV.

So is FL, which I think was $117 last time I looked.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by KainVictus View Post
    Well I can't post here and give advice. But I would like to give a couple of cent on this subject if I may but I won't give it if it isn't wanted so with your permission?
    Yeah if it's helpful.

Let me know. or PM me. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Since UT now requires you get your home state permit first (if it recognizes UT), that's out. It used to be a popular option in your state.

Look into the AZ permit. It's only $60, and is recognized in TX. You can read about how to get one here: http://handgunlaw.us/states/arizona.pdf

But you avoid one less question if you just get your home state's permit.

But I understand the frustration. NV is one of the most expensive permitting processes in the country, with its nearly $100 fee and a mandatory class that must be taken in NV.

So is FL, which I think was $117 last time I looked.

It says I have to have a special class training done for Arizona.

Will they accept a photocopy of the CCW class I just paid 70$ for in NC?

We did shooting and law during the class. 40 shots at 3-5-7 yards and alot of laws.

mate, I guess you're stuck open carrying...eh?

wabbit
    But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most...
    A person who has for untold centuries maintained the imposing position of spiritual head of four-fifths of the human race...
    All religions issue bibles against him, and say the most injurious things about him, but we never hear his side. (twain)

Quote Originally Posted by ncwabbit View Post
    There is no open carry in TX. You MUST get a permit, and you MUST conceal. You will get in big trouble for even printing or accidental exposure. This includes all handguns in a vehicle (though no permit required for one in the vehicle).
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by Glock-Blubber View Post
    It says I have to have a special class training done for Arizona.

Will they accept a photocopy of the CCW class I just paid 70$ for in NC?

We did shooting and law during the class. 40 shots at 3-5-7 yards and alot of laws.
    That's why I included the link that explains what proof of training is required.

There is no open carry in TX. You MUST get a permit, and you MUST conceal. You will get in big trouble for even printing or accidental exposure. This includes all handguns in a vehicle (though no permit required for one in the vehicle).
    considering we're referring to nc chp activities instead of the lone star state i guess the OP has to OC since they are bulking at the nc fees from his county.

wabbit

ps what in the dickens is nra certified concierge instruction?

pps what does 'advanced' nra courses mean exactly since i cant seem to find a reference of them on the nra website?
    Last edited by ncwabbit; 02-26-2013 at 12:17 PM.
    But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most...
    A person who has for untold centuries maintained the imposing position of spiritual head of four-fifths of the human race...
    All religions issue bibles against him, and say the most injurious things about him, but we never hear his side. (twain)

I believe NC is about to change the reciprocity, if they do a NC resident will have to have a NC CHP to CC. As CO has done a out of state permit will have to be a resident permit.

The NC is a shall issue, and I believe it is legal for the Sheriff to require finger prints, there is nothing in the law as I know of for mental health checks. That IMO is a invasion of privacy and I would not sign any such release for it. If a person has been committed it would not need a release or a fee to find that out, it would be court records. Appeal the demand for the fee and requiring signing release.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

wabbit
    That is what I would suggest for him. He can open anyplace he could conceal, for now. If he gets a out of state permit it will be worthless once the legislature adds a resident permit requirement for reciprocity.

As as the cost I agree with OP that the licensing fees are too high. It is discrimination on the lower income class residents of NC, which statistics show are along minority lines. The high fees are Jim Crow IMO and should be lowered to a reasonable fee.

Whether a person has had mental health care is none of the governments business unless the person is dangerous, and if they are they belong in a facility instead of on the streets. This behavior will restrict the rights of those who have sought help for smoking, obesity, marriage counseling, and other many reasons from both mental and physical health issues. It is a fact that people who suffer heart attacks, cancer, and major illness suffer depression during recovery, also battered spouses do. This use of normal use of mental health counseling to deprive rights is disgusting and unconstitutional.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 02-26-2013 at 12:25 PM.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

considering we're referring to nc chp activities instead of the lone star state...
    You're right. I based all my responses in this entire thread because it said Texas for his location. Thanks.

As for what certain words mean, unless you are going to pay me for my time, I suggest you consult a dictionary.
    Last edited by MAC702; 02-26-2013 at 04:18 PM.

You're right. I based all my responses in this entire thread because it said Texas for his location. Thanks.
    Ya know I did not even notice that, thanks for pointing it out. It would appear he lives in NC, or at least part of the time. If he is a Texas resident he needs to get a Texas permit, it will be good in NC.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock-Blubber View Post
    I just realized that Mecklenburg county is now collecting a 20$(Hospital scam) surcharge on top of the 90$ fee.

After just paying 70$ for a mandatory class, I'm wondering why the state is trying to rob me.

180$ for a CCW permit is out of this world. I'm not going to tolerate this!

What other options would I have as far as non-resident permits go?

I know Florida has a non-resident that costs 100$ and it's good for 7 years instead of 5.
    They also don't charge 20$ to look up mental health records outsourcing a hospital.
    Still. 100$ Isn't cheap and I think it's unjustified.

I'm getting plain sick of this crap associated with CCW. Why is there so much red tape bureaucracy and high costs.

It's some simple paperwork. I could fax this stuff to them and not even have to mail anything.
    I can electronically send the fingerprints and they don't need to charge 45$ for a fingerprint fee, LOL.

Well if you have any options let me know.

I want to get my CCW permit from another state just so I can spit in the face of this unjustified system here.
    It's unconstitutional and I don't agree with it.
    100+ they want permits? it should cost us nothing and no fingerprinting or "training" requirements .... its all BS

I know many who carry w/o any stinking permits ... not that I recommend that but people do do it

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    I believe NC is about to change the reciprocity, if they do a NC resident will have to have a NC CHP to CC.
    Source?

Quote Originally Posted by .40 Cal View Post
    Source?
    Let me dig, but I believe it was on one of the bills proposed. That is why I said believe, if I had remembered the location I would have posted it.

This is not where I originally read it, and it is a blog, but it does show there is a effort by a lawmaker to change the reciprocity to only apply to residents of the state they are from.

http://www.ncgunblog.com/2013/01/31/...y-reciprocity/
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 02-26-2013 at 05:48 PM.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by KainVictus View Post
    this is an open forum and anybody can post to any thread, as long as it doesn't break the rules.

check the rule list
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

WALKING, I have heard rumors too. could you be referring to the legislation to make the use of non resident CHP from another state void for residents to use, while in the state of NC
    Last edited by papa bear; 02-26-2013 at 08:06 PM.
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    WALKING, I have heard rumors too. could you be referring to the legislation to make the use of non resident CHP from another state void for residents to use, while in the state of NC
    I believe that is what I heard, actually I read it and I can't find it again. From what I understand that if whoever has there way, out of state permits will only be recognized if the holder of the permit is a resident of that state, like Colorado.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

What I mean to say papa bear is I had no advice but had something to say. It's slipped my mind since them but yeah

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    I believe that is what I heard, actually I read it and I can't find it again. From what I understand that if whoever has there way, out of state permits will only be recognized if the holder of the permit is a resident of that state, like Colorado.

That is unacceptable. I pray it's not true.

SB17 and out of state permits

The bill is SB17.
    It will make it illegal for a state resident to carry concealed using an out of state permit.
    It will also make it impossible for legal resident aliens to conceal in NC since NC will not issue a permit to them.

It is a bad bill in my opinion.

sorry, sounds perfectly appropriate...if a state resident can't get a permit in NC (goodness knows when you have chp instructors turning out >50 ppl at a time it show me the instructor should just take the ppls money and hand them their chp cert since the 'learn'g couldn't be that good) it should throw up flags and could mean they might not be able to even have a firearm per se, why should they be permitted to skirt the law abd spend $$$ to purchase it elsewhere and then have all the benefits of carrying here?

nowhere have i heard where an out of state resident, carrying their state's issued CCW piece of paper cant carry here or any gist of changes to this coming from NC GAssembly.

wabbit

ps: could be worse...oregan only issues permits to their state residents which are not recogized by any other state and that state refuses to recognize another states permit.

...oregan only issues permits to their state residents ...
    Close. They also will give permits to those who own land in Oregon, or to residents of the contiguous states bordering Oregon (the latter is subject to county discretion).
    Last edited by MAC702; 02-27-2013 at 10:47 AM.

Ok I'm back and after reading the comments I have to say I'm annoyed.

As another user posted, some of his buddies are carrying concealed without permits.
    (I'm not condoning this)

Heres is the big question.

Why does the county and state have a right to tell me I can't conceal a firearm but I can carry it openly.

I want to know what big secret or scary thing happens as soon as a piece of fabric is over the firearm.

It's such ridiculousness at it's highest form. and It angers me. Isn't this restriction of the 2nd amendment?
    The right to bear arms shall not be infringed.

I think a 200$ fee to conceal carry and a mandatory class is high infringement.

Number one. It's making me pay for a right I already was given by our founding fathers.

Whats even more stupid. I took the dang CCH class and most of the people in the class didn't know how to operate a firearm. So why is OC even legal in that aspect.
    You have people who can carry a open gun and you have no clue if they're trained in safety or not.

Now I'm not slamming the OC or CCH. but I think having to get a silly little red tape permit is unconstitutional.
    Why hasn't this been challenged in NC?

Are we so docile that we can't stand up for the right to bear arms that our forefathers gave us.

Who else thinks this is bull sh*t?

Comparing the logic of open carrying with no permits and no training. to conceal carrying with no permits and no training.
    It doesn't make sense. Either way you've got a person with a gun.
    Last edited by Glock-Blubber; 02-28-2013 at 12:30 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast