Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 46

Thread: RepubliCONS preparing to destroy rights?

  1. #1
    Regular Member 77zach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Marion County, FL
    Posts
    3,005

    RepubliCONS preparing to destroy rights?

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...e3d_story.html

    And after the next gun free zone mass shooting what will the compromise be? Maybe registration? Despicable.
    Last edited by 77zach; 02-24-2013 at 09:46 AM.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

    I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

  2. #2
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Third party. We don't need to communistic/socilistic/fascist parties.

    Could have labeled your thread Republicons destroying rights since Lincoln.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    FUQ please?

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    FUQ please?

    Its all over the news ... google is available



    And this is the senate , not the house .. I don't think it will go anywhere ... but we should keep up the pressure

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Let me be more specific since some (unsurprisingly) have trouble understanding to whom the question was addressed.

    OP, may we have an FUQ please?
    Last edited by eye95; 02-24-2013 at 07:22 PM.

  6. #6
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,279
    I am sure some here will blame the republicans also when the SCOTUS is turned to the left by appointment of a liberal judge.

    It's ALL the republicans fault! Yea right...
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  7. #7
    Regular Member 77zach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Marion County, FL
    Posts
    3,005

    Re: RepubliCONS preparing to destroy rights?

    What'an fuq?
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

    I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    It is a fair use quote. While it would be a violation of copyright to cut and paste the entire article, posting a small portion, a tease, known as a "fair use quote," is legal and can motivate folks to follow your suggested link. Without an FUQ, many here will not follow a blind link.

    It is a small courtesy that I ask. Thank you in advance.

  9. #9
    Regular Member 77zach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Marion County, FL
    Posts
    3,005
    "A bipartisan group of senators is on the verge of a deal that would expand background checks to all private firearms sales with limited exemptions, but significant disagreements remain on the issue of keeping records of private gun sales, according to aides familiar with the talks."
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

    I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    "A bipartisan group of senators is on the verge of a deal that would expand background checks to all private firearms sales with limited exemptions, but significant disagreements remain on the issue of keeping records of private gun sales, according to aides familiar with the talks."
    Thank you for the boon.

    I hope that constituents in Illinois and Oklahoma remind these senators of the consequence suffered by those who supported the AWB under Clinton.

    We should promise to actively work against any legislator, regardless of party, regardless of the outcome of the vote, who votes for any law that infringes one tiny iota on the Right.

    If you haven't taken the opportunity to contact your representatives, click this link now: http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/ .

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    484
    I don't agree with any further limitations put on gun ownership, but I will admit that out of all the things that are supposedly being put through the senate this one is the least aggravating (assuming they wont keep the records), at least family members and permit holders aren't required to do background checks. The bad part is that SOMETHING is going to be passed, I don't see a way around it...I just hope whatever is passed is the least ******.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063

    RepubliCONS preparing to destroy rights?

    Don't resign yourself. Fight everything. These politicians are putting their toes in the water. They need to learn that it is acid and that they will get burned.

    Don't complain. Don't resign. Fight. Contact all of your representatives now. Let them know that the solution to our children being killed in school is LESS gun control. Those kids are dead BECAUSE of gun control. Gun control left them as undefended, inviting targets. It is the gun controllers with blood on their hands.

    Tell your representatives that the political massacre following the last AWB will not compare to the political carnage that will follow any effort to curtail the right one iota. Let them know that we expect them to actively pursue expanding the Right.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>

  13. #13
    Regular Member 77zach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Marion County, FL
    Posts
    3,005
    Quote Originally Posted by ADobbs1989 View Post
    I don't agree with any further limitations put on gun ownership, but I will admit that out of all the things that are supposedly being put through the senate this one is the least aggravating (assuming they wont keep the records), at least family members and permit holders aren't required to do background checks. The bad part is that SOMETHING is going to be passed, I don't see a way around it...I just hope whatever is passed is the least ******.
    The problem is that even the Obama regime admits "universal" background checks are pointless apart from registration. They don't care about keeping criminals from having access to guns; private criminals are actually very useful to the state as they can point to them to gain more power.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

    I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    484
    Trust me I haven't given in, I am constantly sending emails to my reps, and I know this isn't going to help anything. But I also have a feeling that at the end of all this there will be at least 1 thing passed that we aren't going to like. I just hope that whatever it is isn't going to be too harsh. I was just pointing out that out of all the bills I've heard of, this one seems the least intrusive to my 2A right. That doesn't mean I'm not going to be fighting against it.

  15. #15
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    I am sure some here will blame the republicans also when the SCOTUS is turned to the left by appointment of a liberal judge.

    It's ALL the republicans fault! Yea right...

    If we go by a linear scale all the justices are left from where I'd prefer we be on the scale.

    And no it's not All the republicans fault.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  16. #16
    Regular Member Beretta92FSLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In My Coffee
    Posts
    5,278
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Third party. We don't need to communistic/socilistic/fascist parties.

    Could have labeled your thread Republicons destroying rights since Lincoln.
    A bit of a pickle, don't you think; vote for the two sides of the same coin, or vote third party, and lose.--it's a lose-lose.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

  17. #17
    Regular Member Beretta92FSLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In My Coffee
    Posts
    5,278
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Don't resign yourself. Fight everything. These politicians are putting their toes in the water. They need to learn that it is acid and that they will get burned.

    Don't complain. Don't resign. Fight. Contact all of your representatives now. Let them know that the solution to our children being killed in school is LESS gun control. Those kids are dead BECAUSE of gun control. Gun control left them as undefended, inviting targets. It is the gun controllers with blood on their hands.

    Tell your representatives that the political massacre following the last AWB will not compare to the political carnage that will follow any effort to curtail the right one iota. Let them know that we expect them to actively pursue expanding the Right.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>
    Good grief...circumstantial at best, that the AWb of the 90's had anything to do with a substantial loss in the House, and Senate.

    Nothing worse than taking twenty slaughtered school children, and using it to your political advantage; whatever you feel comfortable with leveraging, to get what you want.
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 02-25-2013 at 07:21 PM.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

  18. #18
    Regular Member minarchist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    The problem is that even the Obama regime admits "universal" background checks are pointless apart from registration.
    Fortunately, this is precisely why the UBC bill is stalled at the moment.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Don't resign yourself. Fight everything. These politicians are putting their toes in the water. They need to learn that it is acid and that they will get burned.



    <o>
    -1
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 02-25-2013 at 09:19 PM.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Spfld, Mo.
    Posts
    430
    Demo-RATS and Republi-CONS, neither will EVER get it. Criminals don't follow the law! So how in the world would tracking private sales help trace the history of a firearm IF said firearm has had the SN defaced? In light of EVERY piece of evidence showing that such actions ONLY impact the law abiding, that criminals won't comply, and that those willing to stand up against such laws will inevitably become criminals at the hands of politicians, how in the world can we trust this government. Remember, the wolves of the world are watching the flock closely and they've been salivating since 2008.

  21. #21
    Regular Member Beretta92FSLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In My Coffee
    Posts
    5,278
    Quote Originally Posted by REALteach4u View Post
    Demo-RATS and Republi-CONS, neither will EVER get it. Criminals don't follow the law! So how in the world would tracking private sales help trace the history of a firearm IF said firearm has had the SN defaced? In light of EVERY piece of evidence showing that such actions ONLY impact the law abiding, that criminals won't comply, and that those willing to stand up against such laws will inevitably become criminals at the hands of politicians, how in the world can we trust this government. Remember, the wolves of the world are watching the flock closely and they've been salivating since 2008.
    So, the wolves have only been around since 2008. Hmm, I wonder, what occurred in 2008?--President Obama was elected President? It's only been since 2008 since the wolves of the world have been watching the flock, closely, huh. *shrugs*

    Your collective Right is influx, always.
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 02-25-2013 at 08:55 PM.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

  22. #22
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Don't resign yourself. Fight everything. These politicians are putting their toes in the water. They need to learn that it is acid and that they will get burned.

    Don't complain. Don't resign. Fight. Contact all of your representatives now. Let them know that the solution to our children being killed in school is LESS gun control. Those kids are dead BECAUSE of gun control. Gun control left them as undefended, inviting targets. It is the gun controllers with blood on their hands.

    Tell your representatives that the political massacre following the last AWB will not compare to the political carnage that will follow any effort to curtail the right one iota. Let them know that we expect them to actively pursue expanding the Right.
    eye gets the old +1 today.

  23. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    [edited to remove a childish threat, now that it has been reported and removed from the original post]
    I don't need any silly +1s from you, especially when you take a metaphor and turn it into a threat.
    Last edited by eye95; 02-25-2013 at 09:24 PM.

  24. #24
    Regular Member Beretta92FSLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In My Coffee
    Posts
    5,278
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    I don't need any silly +1s from you, especially when you take a metaphor and turn it into a threat.
    Of course you were merely using a metaphor. I figure, if you don't have the stones to state what you're meaning to state, then you ought not be implying.--cut--
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 02-25-2013 at 09:22 PM.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

  25. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    I don't need any silly +1s from you, especially when you take a metaphor and turn it into a threat.
    I switched it to a -2 and the system changed it to a -1 that's math I guess ...

    I'm not going to send you over my homemade wine this month now..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •