• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

RepubliCONS preparing to destroy rights?

eye95

Let me be more specific since some (unsurprisingly) have trouble understanding to whom the question was addressed.

OP, may we have an FUQ please?

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

I am sure some here will blame the republicans also when the SCOTUS is turned to the left by appointment of a liberal judge.

It's ALL the republicans fault! Yea right...

eye95

It is a fair use quote. While it would be a violation of copyright to cut and paste the entire article, posting a small portion, a tease, known as a "fair use quote," is legal and can motivate folks to follow your suggested link. Without an FUQ, many here will not follow a blind link.

It is a small courtesy that I ask. Thank you in advance.

77zach

"A bipartisan group of senators is on the verge of a deal that would expand background checks to all private firearms sales with limited exemptions, but significant disagreements remain on the issue of keeping records of private gun sales, according to aides familiar with the talks."

eye95

"A bipartisan group of senators is on the verge of a deal that would expand background checks to all private firearms sales with limited exemptions, but significant disagreements remain on the issue of keeping records of private gun sales, according to aides familiar with the talks."

Thank you for the boon.

I hope that constituents in Illinois and Oklahoma remind these senators of the consequence suffered by those who supported the AWB under Clinton.

We should promise to actively work against any legislator, regardless of party, regardless of the outcome of the vote, who votes for any law that infringes one tiny iota on the Right.

If you haven't taken the opportunity to contact your representatives, click this link now: http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/ .

ADobbs1989

I don't agree with any further limitations put on gun ownership, but I will admit that out of all the things that are supposedly being put through the senate this one is the least aggravating (assuming they wont keep the records), at least family members and permit holders aren't required to do background checks. The bad part is that SOMETHING is going to be passed, I don't see a way around it...I just hope whatever is passed is the least ******.

eye95

Don't resign yourself. Fight everything. These politicians are putting their toes in the water. They need to learn that it is acid and that they will get burned.

Don't complain. Don't resign. Fight. Contact all of your representatives now. Let them know that the solution to our children being killed in school is LESS gun control. Those kids are dead BECAUSE of gun control. Gun control left them as undefended, inviting targets. It is the gun controllers with blood on their hands.

Tell your representatives that the political massacre following the last AWB will not compare to the political carnage that will follow any effort to curtail the right one iota. Let them know that we expect them to actively pursue expanding the Right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

77zach

I don't agree with any further limitations put on gun ownership, but I will admit that out of all the things that are supposedly being put through the senate this one is the least aggravating (assuming they wont keep the records), at least family members and permit holders aren't required to do background checks. The bad part is that SOMETHING is going to be passed, I don't see a way around it...I just hope whatever is passed is the least ******.

The problem is that even the Obama regime admits "universal" background checks are pointless apart from registration. They don't care about keeping criminals from having access to guns; private criminals are actually very useful to the state as they can point to them to gain more power.

ADobbs1989

Trust me I haven't given in, I am constantly sending emails to my reps, and I know this isn't going to help anything. But I also have a feeling that at the end of all this there will be at least 1 thing passed that we aren't going to like. I just hope that whatever it is isn't going to be too harsh. I was just pointing out that out of all the bills I've heard of, this one seems the least intrusive to my 2A right. That doesn't mean I'm not going to be fighting against it.

sudden valley gunner

I am sure some here will blame the republicans also when the SCOTUS is turned to the left by appointment of a liberal judge.

It's ALL the republicans fault! Yea right...

If we go by a linear scale all the justices are left from where I'd prefer we be on the scale.

And no it's not All the republicans fault.

Beretta92FSLady

Don't resign yourself. Fight everything. These politicians are putting their toes in the water. They need to learn that it is acid and that they will get burned.

Don't complain. Don't resign. Fight. Contact all of your representatives now. Let them know that the solution to our children being killed in school is LESS gun control. Those kids are dead BECAUSE of gun control. Gun control left them as undefended, inviting targets. It is the gun controllers with blood on their hands.

Tell your representatives that the political massacre following the last AWB will not compare to the political carnage that will follow any effort to curtail the right one iota. Let them know that we expect them to actively pursue expanding the Right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Good grief...circumstantial at best, that the AWb of the 90's had anything to do with a substantial loss in the House, and Senate.

Nothing worse than taking twenty slaughtered school children, and using it to your political advantage; whatever you feel comfortable with leveraging, to get what you want.

Last edited:

REALteach4u

Demo-RATS and Republi-CONS, neither will EVER get it. Criminals don't follow the law! So how in the world would tracking private sales help trace the history of a firearm IF said firearm has had the SN defaced? In light of EVERY piece of evidence showing that such actions ONLY impact the law abiding, that criminals won't comply, and that those willing to stand up against such laws will inevitably become criminals at the hands of politicians, how in the world can we trust this government. Remember, the wolves of the world are watching the flock closely and they've been salivating since 2008.