• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Can I conceal carry on someone else's private property?

GregInChrist

Can I conceal carry on someone else's private property with permission if I don't have a permit? I know I can conceal carry on my own property without a permit. Also is a church considered private property?

Motofixxer

Can you carry concealed on someone else's property? Sure you can! Can you do so legally or without getting caught, or in trouble? We aren't lawyers authorized to give you legal advice. I recommend you read State Statutes 941.23(2) and familiarize yourself with it. The question has also been asked multiple times so searches are useful. You have to be careful and precise what your asking and make sure your clear in questions so as to get the best answer. There are links to most of the associated statutes in my New to OC in WI thread. You can get to it here http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI or following the link below in my sig. Only you will be held accountable for your actions nobody on the internet or even your lawyer will be able to accept liability for you. So it's best to read and comprehend the statutes for yourself. Hopefully you don't have a thin skin and take any offense to my answer. It really is intended to be in your best interest.

To give you a more opinionated answer to your question. As I read and comprehend the statutes a person can't legally conceal on another's property without the special permission slip to allow an inalienable right.

Who owns this mythical mysterious church? We can't possibly tell you because we don't know which one. Is it owned by a public entity or a private corporation? Most churches are private.

GregInChrist

Thank you for the reply, no offense taken at all. Thank you, I have found in the statues about being able to carry on my own property but I could not find anything about carrying on others property. I am still not seeing anything specific about getting a signed permission slip. Is there a specific statute you could point me to that says permission is enough to satisfy the state? Sorry if that question is not worded the best.

Motofixxer

The statute essentially says no person shall carry, except the following permitted persons etc etc. So unless you have an exemption listed, you can't carry legally. The special magical little permission slip is the WI concealed license.

A possible way to comprehend and interpret statutes is to copy and past the statute into a document, then read each subsection and remove it if it has absolutely no real application. Then reread what you have left with hopefully a more fluid comprehension of the statute. Obviously you have to be careful your not removing pertinent info or changing it. Also reading out loud has always helped me in comprehension. So for example remove the subsection about an officer...cuz your not an officer, then the part about being adjudicated mentally incompetent because hopefully your not, then the part about being in a red painted room with daisies on the wall etc etc. Then your generally left with a more simplified easier to read statute that isn't a mile long. You can also bold or highlight the important parts that pertain. Whatever makes it easier to follow it.

Last edited:

JJC

Thank you for the reply, no offense taken at all. Thank you, I have found in the statues about being able to carry on my own property but I could not find anything about carrying on others property. I am still not seeing anything specific about getting a signed permission slip. Is there a specific statute you could point me to that says permission is enough to satisfy the state? Sorry if that question is not worded the best.

I think what is refered to as a "Signed Permission Slip", is the "License" issued by the state!

JJC