• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

hb 1908. ?

rapgood

I also read the bill as exempting all CPL holders. It removes the stipulation of while picking up or dropping off a student and allows licensed carry regardless of the reason you are on/in school grounds.

That's how I read it. Correctly parsed, the proposed language would be interpreted as:

Sec. 2
(1) It is unlawful for a person to carry onto, or to possess on, public or private elementary or secondary school premises, school-provided transportation, or areas of facilities while being used exclusively by public or private schools:
(a) Any firearm;

(3) Subsection (1) of this section does not apply to:
(e) Any person in possession of a firearm who has been issued a license under RCW 9.41.070, or is exempt from the licensing requirement by RCW 9.41.060.

Hopefully, the bill will be reintroduced in advance of or at the start of the next legislative session.