• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sky-high prices at Robarts Arena gun show

zack991

http://thegunwriter.blogs.heraldtribune.com/10562/sky-high-prices-at-robarts-arena-gun-show/

Now it’s an opportunity to cash in – a chance to screw-over some unsuspecting gun owner by charging four or five times MSRP for guns and ammo.
AKs were $1,000.
ARs were $1,500 – $2,000 for low-end brands – some I’ve never heard of.
.223 was about a dollar per round.
AK mags were $40.
AR mags were $60 – and that’s for GI aluminum.
One dealer wanted $40 for a box of .45 acp that still bore an $18 price tag.
Another wanted $1,200 for a NIB WASR – a WASR? The last one I bought, about a year ago, cost me $350.

Profiteering is a dirty word, for good reason. It’s a pejorative for an unethical business practice of making an unreasonable profit on essential products during times of emergency.

It fits.

I’m off gun shows for a while, at least until some sanity is restored.

Last edited:

Firearms Iinstuctor

One does not have to buy at the prices reported.

Personally I like to buy low and sell high.

The other day a guy was complaining about not being to find 9mm ammo.

I told him it was out there if he wanted to pay the price.

He said the price does't matter I can't find any.

Just to see how serious he was about buying some.

I offered him a box of 50 corbon 9mm+P jhps for $200.00.

He said that Ridiculous I said I guess you don't really need it to bad then.