• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

quick question about pistol free zones

Glock214

I have just started to become an active poster on here again. And with all the political talks about gun control going on. My question is has anything changed in regards to how pfz's apply to a person having a valid cpl? "OC"

I'm a little confused, and was just seeing if I was up to date on Michigan carry laws still? I hope I don't get hounded to much for this, as I know some people may ask why I ask such a question. Thank you,

Glock214

Carry on!!!

FreeInAZ

I have just started to become an active poster on here again. And with all the political talks about gun control going on. My question is has anything changed in regards to how pfz's apply to a person having a valid cpl? "OC"

I'm a little confused, and was just seeing if I was up to date on Michigan carry laws still? I hope I don't get hounded to much for this, as I know some people may ask why I ask such a question. Thank you,

Glock214

Carry on!!!

Why would you ask such a question...:rolleyes: Just kidding - it is always best to get updated if you've been out of the loop. Not much has changed as posted above. Some good news for non CPL folks (97% of MI population) was purchase permits have been "modified" if I understand correctly. Now qualification to purchase is handled by FFL prior to sale in a dealer to customer transaction. :D

Last edited:

xmanhockey7

Why would you ask such a question...:rolleyes: Just kidding - it is always best to get updated if you've been out of the loop. Not much has changed as posted above. Some good news for non CPL folks (97% of MI population) was purchase permits have been done away with if I understand correctly. Now qualification to purchase is handled by FFL prior to sale. :D

There are still purchase permits and registration. Its just if you buy from an FFL it's filled out there you don't have to go to the PD. If it's a private sale you still must obtain a purchase permit from the police.

FreeInAZ

There are still purchase permits and registration. Its just if you buy from an FFL it's filled out there you don't have to go to the PD. If it's a private sale you still must obtain a purchase permit from the police.

Thanks for clarlfying xman - edited my post above to avoid confusing others. ;)

Glock214

Thanks everyone, I thought nothing had changed However, I just wanted to get that reassurance from someone. Especially when I speak to so many leo's and others who are not knowledgeable at all about gun laws, or the fact that you can OC in Michigan. All that talk sometimes makes me question myself and my carry method, and second guess myself on where I can, and can't carry OC. All that crazy talk has me bamboozled lol. I OC when I can, however lately with work it's been hard to, also with my own business venture I'm pursuing it's a bit difficult to market myself while OC'ing. So I have been doing more CC than OC lately.

Carry On!