• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mar 9th Firearm Freedom Rally @ Olympia, WA

JKukuk

The following is a rally call of the 2E!

Bills are being brought up that go against our rights and privacy! We need to keep up the pressure and make sure our legislature understands that the proposed bills are unacceptable and we need to pass the Firearms Freedom Act of 2013 NOW!

Current agenda March 9th 2013

9:00 AM - Setup Begins
10:00 AM - Rally Begins
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Rally Briefing
12:00 PM - Rally Ends
1:00 PM - Cleanup Ends

Rally location
Tivoli Fountain
Capitol Way South
Olympia, WA 98501
Lat/Long: 47.036506,-122.90226

See the rally call details at http://2ndenforcers.org/?q=content/ma ... olympia-wa
Visit the Facebook event at https://www.facebook.com/events/432885290124198/

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Do you understand there has already been 3 rally's? One with over 2500 people and each successive rally much much smaller in attendance?

Do you understand what political capital is? What momentum and energy are?

Gun owners can not be expected to go to the capital every 3 weeks and 'rally'.

I urge everyone to call, email, write and visit your legislator's, this has a far greater impact than showing up on the grounds in an ever dwindling rally.

Email the D's, when they get 20 emails on a topic, they start going crazy down there.....

EMNofSeattle

Do you understand there has already been 3 rally's? One with over 2500 people and each successive rally much much smaller in attendance?

Do you understand what political capital is? What momentum and energy are?

Gun owners can not be expected to go to the capital every 3 weeks and 'rally'.

I urge everyone to call, email, write and visit your legislator's, this has a far greater impact than showing up on the grounds in an ever dwindling rally.

Email the D's, when they get 20 emails on a topic, they start going crazy down there.....

Quoted for truth

While I do not oppose anyone attending a rally for any reason, I think it would benefit gun owners more if we were better unified in action. The first rally was a good show of unity. IMO if you must go to Olympia. Show up on a "non rally" day and go to your elected critters offices and talk to them or leave notes with their assistants if they're not available.

DamonK

Quoted for truth

While I do not oppose anyone attending a rally for any reason, I think it would benefit gun owners more if we were better unified in action. The first rally was a good show of unity. IMO if you must go to Olympia. Show up on a "non rally" day and go to your elected critters offices and talk to them or leave notes with their assistants if they're not available.

Absolutely right! We don't need them to see ever shrinking rallies. Now is the time to go and talk to them. Write or call if you can't go in person, but go in person in you can. They can hang up a phone, or delete an email. But with you standing right there, not so much.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

jt59

The following is a rally call of the 2E!

Bills are being brought up that go against our rights and privacy! We need to keep up the pressure and make sure our legislature understands that the proposed bills are unacceptable and we need to pass the Firearms Freedom Act of 2013 NOW!

Current agenda March 9th 2013

9:00 AM - Setup Begins
10:00 AM - Rally Begins
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Rally Briefing
12:00 PM - Rally Ends
1:00 PM - Cleanup Ends

Rally location
Tivoli Fountain
Capitol Way South
Olympia, WA 98501
Lat/Long: 47.036506,-122.90226

See the rally call details at http://2ndenforcers.org/?q=content/ma ... olympia-wa
Visit the Facebook event at https://www.facebook.com/events/432885290124198/

I agree with some of the other comments...yes, we need to keep the pressure on, but does the OP understand that Rep. Taylor's bill is also going nowhere for the current legislative calendar? I hope that he re-introduces it next year....and if the current committee chair is out, then it may actually even get a hearing....it needs a companion bill in the Senate and more than one sponsor coming out of the chute.

I attended the first rally with the 2,500 and heard him speak. He was good to his word, bringing his legislation forward....I have also monitored his comments in several committee's and his personal voting record. I think I smell a Libertarian in Republican clothing...or maybe just a serious Tea-party guy. He is intent on smaller gov't and (limiting) wasteful spending....

On another note, I think that while it may enhance attendance on Saturdays for these Rally's, the message is lost on the Legislators, since it turns into a virtual ghost town come Friday afternoon....2,500 need to show up on the day of the public hearing of the bills we like the least. Dates might be selected closer to the legislative calendar for effect.... We get 24hours of attention in the news cycle, but that's about it....aside from feeling better about ourselves....IMHO. This is part and parcel of the general dis-organizatinon of the overall 2A efforts compared to the Anti's, when it is needed the most around these various Rally Points in time.

Last edited: