• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Manufacturers Take Action

jt59

We can only hope this the beginning of a trend, but it would surprise me to see any of the major's sign on to this...it will largely depend on where their bread is buttered....

"On Friday, Obama's political advocacy group, Organizing for Action, held over 100 events across the country, including letter-writing parties, rallies with police chiefs and mayors, and candlelight vigils, to push for Obama's federal gun control plan, which includes beefing up background checks and banning assault weapons and high-capacity magazines."

I found this interesting, compared to what (IMHO) is generally un-coordinated and less effective push back on these 2A issues at both the national and local state (pick one) by gun owner's.

In the end, any Fed Legislation has to pass the House and unless it becomes negotiating chip of a larger issue that would be more important politically, I think it has a tough go.

xxx.jakk.xxx

http://www.thepoliceloophole.com/

Barrett, cmmg, olympic arms, rock river arms.
Maybe those bigger ones will get more in.

Also, heard rumors magpul may move if their state enacts certain laws. ( Actually read the article and this is mentioned...)

I want federal ammo to jump on this. It would sever their ties to the government and flood civilian markets with ammo.

Last edited:

jt59

We can only hope this the beginning of a trend, but it would surprise me to see any of the major's sign on to this...it will largely depend on where their bread is buttered....

"On Friday, Obama's political advocacy group, Organizing for Action, held over 100 events across the country, including letter-writing parties, rallies with police chiefs and mayors, and candlelight vigils, to push for Obama's federal gun control plan, which includes beefing up background checks and banning assault weapons and high-capacity magazines."

I found this interesting, compared to what (IMHO) is generally un-coordinated and less effective push back on these 2A issues at both the national and local state (pick one) by gun owner's.

In the end, any Fed Legislation has to pass the House and unless it becomes negotiating chip of a larger issue that would be more important politically, I think it has a tough go.

Batousaii

I really like hearing about the manufacturers taking a stance.

- I would like to see some of the larger ones on board with this too.
- Even more, I'd like to see one/some of these powerful companies fund an effort to attack the commerce clause and get the second amendment immunities that would restrict the commerce clause from regulating it.

DamonK

I saw earlier that Beretta signed on as well. I'm not sure in what capacity though.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

sudden valley gunner

UH yep.

tannerwaterbury

http://www.thepoliceloophole.com/

Barrett, cmmg, olympic arms, rock river arms.
Maybe those bigger ones will get more in.

Also, heard rumors magpul may move if their state enacts certain laws. ( Actually read the article and this is mentioned...)

I want federal ammo to jump on this. It would sever their ties to the government and flood civilian markets with ammo.

PFF! So that website will list all the companies who are against these restrictions, yet leaves out the companies that will follow along. Now how are we going to find out which company(s) to boycott?

xxx.jakk.xxx

PFF! So that website will list all the companies who are against these restrictions, yet leaves out the companies that will follow along. Now how are we going to find out which company(s) to boycott?

Not quite sure how they would get an accurate list of the bad ones without just assuming any company that doesn't come out and say they're against these agencies is bad.

I doubt any company will make press release saying they hate the 2a and civilians but many will stay indifferent on the subject or just quiet to stay out of it. We can't just assume they're all bad.

Kode

Press releases

A link to an article that talks about Magpul and some of the other companies that have sent out press releases regarding new policies.

I found it interesting and worth a snicker or two :lol:

The ending comment from Olympic Arms out of Olympia about existing/pending orders was good - "For LE/Govt customers in New York: Your orders have been cancelled.”

http://monachuslex.com/?p=2416

amlevin

File this wish in the "never happen" file. Federal is part of ATK which makes everything from Rocket "boosters" sporting ammo. Federal, Speer, RCBS, Alliant Powder, CCI, among others. ATK operates the government's huge Lake City Ammunition Plant.

The chance of "Federal" telling the government to p!$$ off is not just remote, it's non existent.

The "Duck Dynasty" bearded wierdo's are part of ATK as well.