• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dash/Windshield Mounted Video Cameras and State Laws

half_life1052

My teeny brain made your post look like this: Κατάλογος Ιστοσελίδων Δωρεάν Διαφήμιση Διαφήσελίδων σελίδων λογος

I'll run your post by my seven year old and have him translate it for me.

BTW Your Greek translated is:

"List of Free Advertising Website pages Diafiselidon list"

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
OK, so I'm slow to jump on the bandwagon.
Howsoever, it arrived today. I need some technical guidance. How the :cuss: am I supposed to play that minidisk of an instruction manual? It is obviously too small for my CD/DVD drive (the one with the pop-out cup holder:lol:).

Yes, I am wierd (but y'all knew that already). I do want to actually read the manual.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Howsoever, it arrived today. I need some technical guidance. How the :cuss: am I supposed to play that minidisk of an instruction manual? It is obviously too small for my CD/DVD drive (the one with the pop-out cup holder:lol:).

Yes, I am wierd (but y'all knew that already). I do want to actually read the manual.

stay safe.

Instruction manual? Ha - mine is written in sing-song Chinese. Need to find a 16GB SD card - think Richmond camera may be the best source for this one, maybe Radio Shack - Best Buy didn't have it in their book.

Last edited:

scouser

stay safe.

skid .. is it the size of the print or the lack of any recognizeable words from the English language that is causing the problem ?

wondering if scanning the manual and zooming the 'English' part up to 8.5 x 11 would help ?

on the other hand, I do actually happen to have a hifi component sized (19" wide for the technophobes) minidisc recorder that was a useful accessory (when I was DJing) in the days before CD recorders became so cheap.

Last edited:

scouser

Instruction manual? Ha - mine is written in sing-song Chinese. Need to find a 16GB SD card - think Richmond camera may be the best source for this one, maybe Radio Shack - Best Buy didn't have it in their book.

Grape .. look for a class 10 card. If you look closely at the card there should be a number in a circle on there somewhere, that number in the circle is the class. The higher the number the faster the card can be written to making the quality better. Transcend cards have so far, in my experience, demonstrated themselves to be good quality for a good price. I need to check and see if the 64GB card works in the dashcam, everything I have read online so far says it works with up to a 32GB card. If the 64 works then one of my 16GB cards might be surplus to my requirements if you can't find one anywhere

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Grape .. look for a class 10 card. If you look closely at the card there should be a number in a circle on there somewhere, that number in the circle is the class. The higher the number the faster the card can be written to making the quality better. Transcend cards have so far, in my experience, demonstrated themselves to be good quality for a good price. I need to check and see if the 64GB card works in the dashcam, everything I have read online so far says it works with up to a 32GB card. If the 64 works then one of my 16GB cards might be surplus to my requirements if you can't find one anywhere

My manual indicates 1 - 32 GB SD/MMC card. A 64 GB even if it works might be too rich for the camera.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
My manual indicates 1 - 32 GB SD/MMC card. A 64 GB even if it works might be too rich for the camera.

Walmart will be your best place to buy one. You don't need a big SD card, certainly to start with. I wish I'd have thought about it Tuesday. I'd have given you one.
An 8 Gig will give you plenty of recording time unless you're spending all day in the truck.

USNA69

Tried to find better User Guide

Once I determined the MFR and model of the camera (no easy task, I might add) ... I searched the web high and low for a better set of instructions. I could find nothing.

The included instructions are nearly useless, so I have been simply tinkering with the damned thing to see what it will do.

I keep telling myself ... "Hey, it was only $25."

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Trying once again -

.... How the :cuss: am I supposed to play that minidisk of an instruction manual? It is obviously too small for my CD/DVD drive (the one with the pop-out cup holder).

It's a :cuss: 3.5 inch diameter frisbee. I put it in the pop-out cup holder and it drops right through the hole where the cup goes. It's the only drive I have for round spinny things.

Did you guys get printed manuals in micro-dot sized type, written in Engrish? 'Cause I didn't - I got a 3.5 inch frisbee. Could I borrow a print manual?

stay safe.

nuc65

Activist Member

stay safe.
It seems like no one answered your post. The minidisc should indeed fit the small depression in your CD player on your computer and play just as a normal computer CD just with much less information. A practical solution when one doesn't need to transmit a library.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
It seems like no one answered your post. The minidisc should indeed fit the small depression in your CD player on your computer and play just as a normal computer CD just with much less information. A practical solution when one doesn't need to transmit a library.

And neither did you. There is no "small depression" in my CD player. Just
.... I put it in the pop-out cup holder andit drops right through the hole where the cup goes. .....

It's a big hole - large enough to let a Big Gulp cup drop about 2/3 the way down before stopping.

So, once more - who's got a print manual (Engrish or not, microdot-sized print or not) that I can borrow? If you are not local to Richmond PM me and I'll send you a SASE.

stay safe.

Glockster

It's a big hole - large enough to let a Big Gulp cup drop about 2/3 the way down before stopping.

So, once more - who's got a print manual (Engrish or not, microdot-sized print or not) that I can borrow? If you are not local to Richmond PM me and I'll send you a SASE.

stay safe.

I don't have mine yet, and I don't have a printed version but I **think** that this is the model, and this is a link to a PDF of the manual: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=road%20safety%20guard%20video&source=web&cd=7&ved=0CH0QFjAG&url=http%3A%2F%2Fsunny-solutions-shop.com%2Fapp%2Fdownload%2F6767418904%2FInstruction%2BManual.pdf&ei=kPNCUcfnFYP02QWYjoHgAg&usg=AFQjCNGRQbl5V9Mzw5QXH6Bay8fK_OZ9PA&sig2=nkp4TBb5qCs4NBwatvCOfw&bvm=bv.43828540,d.b2U&cad=rja

nuc65

Activist Member

stay safe.

Take it over to someone who has a 'normal' CD player, or your local library and use the computer there to read it. Your hole is apparently larger than normal and if your Big Gulp is 32 oz or greater its bad for you anyway.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

stay safe.

You have might have a different manufacturer/model, but I do have printy in Engrish or not. We see, we talk, we copy.

scouser

skid, here are the instructions I got with mine

dashcam instructions page 1.jpg

dashcam instructions page 2.jpg

if you want me to send them to you just PM me your email address

Last edited:

Glockster

Instruction Manual_Page_1.jpgInstruction Manual_Page_2.jpgInstruction Manual_Page_3.jpgInstruction Manual_Page_4.jpg

Sometimes images don't look the best, but here goes -- the manual that I found that matches the pictures on Amazon.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
drdan - thanks. that seems to be what I need.

scouser - I'll be in touch if drdan's does not work out.

grapeshot - thanks. you are designated backup #2

nuc65 - why you gotta be harshing on my CD player/Big Gulp cupholder? it was state of the art when I got it (state of confusion, IIRC).

stay safe.

TFred

Skid, just FYI, here is what your CD tray is supposed to look like. Notice the smaller indention in the center of the tray. That should be the size for your mini-CD.

TFred

800px-Cd-rom-laufwerk-geoeffnet.jpg