• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Very interesting read.

elga

what's it about?

From my skim, a very quick summary:

• Gun instructor cuts to the chase and tells people he teaches others how to shoot people. Not in a bad way, but says it bluntly.
  • Explains that purpose of 2nd amendment is for protection against tyrants (of all kinds)
  • Says Biden and Feinstein already understand purpose of 2nd amendment and this is why they don't want it
  • To be free, one should be willing to fight for it in on paper, in court, and even physically

Last edited:

Griz

sucks having to push that mouse all the way over....................................................................................there.

and then have to click, lol

Bmeierholtz

I get the feeling I am being bashed by those last two posts. I find something that I think may be of interest to the members here and post it without MY thoughts so as not to try and make other members go along with my views.
I realize I am new here, but if you are going to treat a member in this fashion, then perhaps I should leave this forum and find one that is a bit more respective toward members who bring items that may or may not be relevant to the members. :(

The Big Guy

I get the feeling I am being bashed by those last two posts. I find something that I think may be of interest to the members here and post it without MY thoughts so as not to try and make other members go along with my views.
I realize I am new here, but if you are going to treat a member in this fashion, then perhaps I should leave this forum and find one that is a bit more respective toward members who bring items that may or may not be relevant to the members. :(

Speaking for only me, you done good.

TBG

P.S. Sometimes things are said with sarcasm here or without tact. Best not to let things like this get your back up against the wall.

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
sucks having to push that mouse all the way over....................................................................................there.

Actually, with the amount of crap that's posted in various forums, I don't click links without knowing what to expect and then only if I am in that mood. I can read a summarizing sentence in about a tenth of the time it would take to load a page I may or may not care about. So I don't.

It's not just the rules to offer a fair-use quote about the link you are finding interested, it's just good manners. It has nothing to do with how hard it is for the other 1,000 readers to find out for themselves. If you are going to take the time to post, post properly.

You should post because you want a discussion. Therefore, you should start the discussion.

Yeah, it took a lot more time to type this than to just click the link, but the problem is getting to be more and more common. Maybe a few people will think about it now.

It's obvious the OP just didn't know better. That's not a big deal. But sarcasm and laughter toward those who are trying to correct the issue is uncalled for.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

It is considered courteous to give a Fair Use quote/summation. Few people like clicking on blind links.

I see no bashing, just some dissatisfaction with the lack of information. Relax.

davidmcbeth

Banned

Just a short abstract ... not a "click here" type of post ...

OC for ME

(11) RESPECT COPYRIGHT HOLDERS: We often share news stories with one another. Please remember that these stories are copyrighted material and only post a fair-use excerpt along with a link where the rest of the story may be read.

It is wise to review the Forum Rules and PM a moderator if you have any questions.

I don't care who you are, that right there is funny.

It is considered courteous to give a Fair Use quote/summation. Few people like clicking on blind links.

I see no bashing, just some dissatisfaction with the lack of information. Relax.
You used to include a Forum Rule where appropriate, along with sage advice for new members. What happened? And don't come back with "Why, you did it for me."

eye95

GS was relating a common courtesy, not a rule. ("Common, no big deal."--S. Poitier)

BTW, I thought that, at one point, there was a rule against naked links. There ought to be. We don't have to require FUQs. The rule could be simple: "Don't post unintroduced links. Introduce videos with a short description. Include a summary or a pertinent short quote from written articles. Ensure that people have a reasonable idea of what they are getting into before they click a link."

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
GS was relating a common courtesy, not a rule. ("Common, no big deal."--S. Poitier)

BTW, I thought that, at one point, there was a rule against naked links. There ought to be. We don't have to require FUQs. The rule could be simple: "Don't post unintroduced links. Introduce videos with a short description. Include a summary or a pertinent short quote from written articles. Ensure that people have a reasonable idea of what they are getting into before they click a link."

The Forum Rules have evolved and been modified several times. There is a desire to "moderate with a light hand" - still Moderators have been charged with making calls/decisions in keeping with the administration's intent. Does that cause confusion sometimes? W/O a doubt - that is why I add an explanation most of the time. Some things suggest that more explanation may be in order. Others just don't need but so much detail.

Working on the unabridged, six volume edition, of the Forum Rules - coming to a book store near you, price to be announced.... ...

Bmeierholtz

My apologies for not reading the forum rules more carefully here. Next time, I will put my two cents in when introducing something new here.
Btw, is version 7 already at the press before version 6 has come out? :D

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
My apologies for not reading the forum rules more carefully here. Next time, I will put my two cents in when introducing something new here.
Btw, is version 7 already at the press before version 6 has come out? :D

Send me your valid debit card number - I do promise to not share your personal information. ..