• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

***urgent*** action needed now!

05FLHT

Link to Illinois Carry.

URGENT!! URGENT!! URGENT!!
Madigan Expected to Use A Sneaky "Shell Game" to Ram Chicago Style Carry Law Through House On Tuesday!!
Last Friday, the U.S. 7th Circuit of Appeals let stand their ruling in the case of Moore/Shepard vs Madigan that the ban on the Right to Carry in Illinois is unconstitutional.

In an attempt to stonewall the passage of a good carry law, HB0997 and other good gun bills, have been sidelined in a House sub-committee. The Speaker of the House plans to use a shell bill - an empty bill with no text - and turn it into a nightmarish Chicago style carry bill and push it through the House on Tuesday. We suspect it will be HB1155 but it could any number of shell bills.

Calls, Emails, FAXs Need Sent to Your State Rep's Local and Springfield Office NOW!

1. Urge them to be present at the State Capitol all day Tuesday. (Unless they are anti-Right to Carry, then they can take a snow day!)

2. Urge them to oppose any and all amendments to HB1155 (or any carry bill) that are not endorsed by the NRA/ISRA/IllinoisCarry.

3. Urge them to support ONLY amendments to HB1155 (or any carry bill) endorsed by NRA/ISRA/IllinoisCarry.

Our message to all legislators:
NO BAD BILL, NO BAD AMENDMENTS

To find contact info for your
State Representative click here

kurt555gs

I emailed my representative Walsh today asking for his support on HB997 and to oppose any punitive Chicago bills. For all the good it will do. Had to try.

Carthago Delenda Est