• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Silencing the Opposition

ZackL

While he did say things that were very true and backed up by a lot of research, he did so in the worst ways he could have said them. The point when emailing or writing to reps and senators is to show them that their constituents oppose or support legislation. Not to intimidate them. This will make all of us look bad and will take that much more to make us seem sane and rational in the eyes of the anti's and those that are on the fence.

Though, I am hearing reports that he may not be responsible for sending the threats. I guess we'll see.

rushcreek2

I think there is at least ONE valuable lesson to take away from this unfortunate occurrence.

Unrestrained commentary can, and WILL BE used against us. Bill O'Reilly shared a wise tip some time back. He suggested counting AT LEAST to "10" before hitting the "send", or "submit" button on e-com.

As heated as emotions are getting over this 2A battle - it may be even wiser to use "snail-mail". That way you have time to re-think the communication, and maybe even retrieve it from the mailbox. I've written many letters that I never mailed, after having time to think it over.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Call you rep and ask to speak to him ...

Call him back and say you were cleaning your gun when something popped in your mind and you wished to speak to him

See which one gets him on the phone ...

2nd amendment works on sooo many levels