• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Please contact Colt, Remington, and Beretta and ask them to stand with Americans.

suntzu

I would ask everyone to please contact Colt, Remington and Beretta, DPMS Panther Arms, Bushmaster and any other manufacturer you can think of and ask them to restrict sales to any state or politically subdivision thereof, if that state prohibits or attempts to prohibit their citizens from owning, carrying, selling firearms--handguns, or rifles. This gun debate won't just affect long guns--it will affect all guns. States should be forced to only have what the citizens can legally have and nothing else...and if sales to law enforcement are ceased or severely curtailed--states will begin to take notice.

Please take a moment and contact all manufacturers and ask them to support a restriction to governments to force them to be subjected to the same laws they enact.

EMNofSeattle

Good luck with colt, the only business they still have is with fudds and the government. don't count on anything there.

As far as Bushmaster and Beretta, unless every single civilian gun owner refuses to buy from them unless they boycott units of government they make too much money serving government units, plus many units of government are on contract, meaning that the company would have to refund the entire amount of the contract paid by that government unit to terminate it.

the thing about all these companies refusing to do business with anti-gun states, none of these companies actually did any level of business with those government units....

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
the thing about all these companies refusing to do business with anti-gun states, none of these companies actually did any level of business with those government units....

Even if they did, it doesn't really matter.

I mean, I appreciate the gesture, and I'd probably make it myself were I in a position to, but it doesn't really change anything. Any one of countless multimillionaires who love the thought of only police having guns could easily start their own company to fill the obvious new void – selling only to government, of course.

Or, one of the more statist, ultra-pro-police gun manufacturers might just move to fill the void.