• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So, I hear through the grape vine..

mpguy

The Attorney General is coming to our employment, to take a look at ongoing construction, and have lunch with us. If granted, anything anyone would like me to ask, recommend for discussion?

.45 or bust

mpguy

This thread is related to OC or RKBA in VA how?

I just wanted to bring it up, as I know a lot of guys here, are more knowledgeable on current gun related events than myself. I'm also still somewhat inexperienced, as to discussing the topics.

If he open up the floor to general discussion, I'd like to ease into the discussion with ideas not only of my own but others here.

Just a thought it would help, being he does give advice to our Governor. If it's inappropriate for the section, then do as you see fit.

.45 or bust

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I assume looking for gun related ? to pose to the AG....
]
Presume that everyone is aware the Ken Cuccinelli is a candidate for governor.
http://cuccinelli.com/

Perhaps ask him if he would support Constitutional Carry in VA or how we may get state agency/state college preemption on gun laws.

Everyone should have the right to self-defense.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
]

Perhaps ask him if he would support Constitutional Carry in VA or how we may get state agency/state college preemption on gun laws.

You beat me to it Grape. That's an excellent question for him.

Ken has always been a favorite of mine despite the uproar over GM. People change though and I haven't talked to him for a while.
See if he's changed.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Do not ask him if he supports X. Of course he does. As him what specific actions he plans to take to introduce legislation* for:

State agency preemption!

Followed by civil immunity if found not guity or not charged following a defensive shooting. Please do not screw this up by calling it "castle doctrine" or "stand your ground".

While important, constitutional carry is much farther down on my list. It's also not politically "expedient" at the moment. (I know, unless we push it, when will it ever become politicaaly expedient?)

stay safe.

* Governors have historically filed bills, as well as "asked" party members to introduce bills for him.

hometheaterman

]

His answer won't carry much weight for me. We asked him similar questions about preemption prior to him becoming AG. He gave us the answer we wanted to hear, and then once he became the AG, he took on an entirely different opinion. He is famous for doing this time after time. The typical opinion of the average politician fits this man to a t.

I'm not really sure why anyone would vote for him again, but I guess some people are okay with being constantly lied to.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
His answer won't carry much weight for me. We asked him similar questions about preemption prior to him becoming AG. He gave us the answer we wanted to hear, and then once he became the AG, he took on an entirely different opinion. He is famous for doing this time after time. The typical opinion of the average politician fits this man to a t.

I'm not really sure why anyone would vote for him again, but I guess some people are okay with being constantly lied to.

The problem with guns on campus and the court decision was they way the GMU case was presented by DiGiacinto. The AG did his job IMO given the law(s) of Va.
http://www.virginia1774.org/GMULawsuit.html

If Ken Cuccinelli has a disposition to see that changed, he will be in a better position to do so as governor. I do not see anyone stronger on our issues running for that office AND if they/he expects to win, politics will play a part.

I will not throw him under the bus for not being perfection personified.

Repeater

Do not ask him if he supports X. Of course he does. As him what specific actions he plans to take to introduce legislation* for:

See, skid asks the correct type of questions.

Do NOT ask along the lines of:

So, what do you think ....

Ah, how do you feel about ...

Do you support/oppose ...

No, instead ask, if he were Governor, how he would act both publicly and behind the scenes to improve the lives and welfare of all Virginians who keep and carry weapons for self-preservation.

Remember, Ken, Self-Preservation is a Natural Right, not a privilege. We are not to be alienated.

If you really think about it, WE, not you, are the last line of defense.

davidmcbeth

Banned

State agency preemption!

Followed by civil immunity if found not guity or not charged following a defensive shooting. Please do not screw this up by calling it "castle doctrine" or "stand your ground".

While important, constitutional carry is much farther down on my list. It's also not politically "expedient" at the moment. (I know, unless we push it, when will it ever become politicaaly expedient?)

stay safe.

* Governors have historically filed bills, as well as "asked" party members to introduce bills for him.

They won't answer those questions either ...

No questions, please ... unless its for the address to send $$ too

--Moderator deleted inappropriate statement--

Last edited by a moderator: