• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So, I hear through the grape vine..

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Looks like the AG's office is set to argue that Commonwealth and Va. Tech have no duty to protect students:

State gets appeal in Va. Tech lawsuit, plaintiffs shut out

Students are in a real pickle if you couple this argument with the fact that they are essentially forbidden to possess the tools to defend themselves on campus.

I see that as adding weight to our argument for the right of legal, honest people to defend themselves. The wheels do turn slowly though.

mpguy

Well, the lunch didn't go as planned. He sent his assistant instead. The boss did most of the talking. Sorry guys. :(

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
One might suppose that knowing how active OCDO members are, that someone on his campaign staff has the task to monitor OCDO? And, having seen the questions proposed above, he decided to send an aide instead?

No really James...Ken's scared to death of us:uhoh::banana::lol:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
No really James...Ken's scared to death of us:uhoh::banana::lol:
Good then we'll be swimming in champagne and lubricating our constitutional carry handguns with caviar in preparation for the VT home game by this time next year :p

Repeater

Things didn't go as planned for Ken, either ...

Well, the lunch didn't go as planned. He sent his assistant instead. The boss did most of the talking. Sorry guys. :(

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Seems Ken got a beating, although he defended himself:

Ken Cuccinelli ripped by business leaders
Two prominent northern Virginia business leaders got into a heated exchange with Virginia Republican gubernatorial hopeful Ken Cuccinelli in front of a few hundred top GOP donors at a closed-door meeting Friday, multiple sources told POLITICO.

Bobbie Kilberg, a longtime Republican donor and CEO of Northern Virginia Technology Council, and Gary Shapiro, CEO of the Arlington-based Consumer Electronics Association, stood up separately to confront Cuccinelli about what is on the minds of many Virginia and national Republicans: whether the Tea Party-backed attorney general can, or wants to, run a pragmatic campaign in the increasingly moderate Old Dominion.

The face-off took place at a meeting of the Republican Governor’s Association’s “Executive Roundtable,” a group of national CEOs and business leaders, Friday morning at the Ritz-Carlton in Washington.

Big Business is increasingly anti-gun and anti-self-defense. To them, being strongly pro-gun is extreme, outside the mainstream.

Which is why it's ironic those two beat up Ken.