Thread: Maturuty Is a Necessary Commodity

Maturity Is a Necessary Commodity

Being on this blog has shown me that all of you have talents in different areas regarding OC/CC. I see many with maturity regarding OC/CC: I am still on a learning curve. Recently as we all know, ammo is in short supply for myriads of reasons. let us hope that not too many incidences like this take place in Wisconsin ( Patented phrase). Hopefully none at all.

http://www.kcbd.com/story/21309284/h...ander-mountain
    Last edited by Law abider; 03-06-2013 at 02:57 PM.

1st off it is customary and a sign of respect to post a fair use quote from a link to give fellow members a heads up.

2nd, just another reason to keep avoiding Gander Mountain since the place was put on the boycott list.
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 02-25-2013 at 11:17 PM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    1st off it is customary and a sign of respect to post a fair use quote from a link to give fellow members a heads up.

2nd, just another reason to keep avoiding Gander Mountain since the place was put on the boycott list.
    Can you please explain a fair use quote? The topic was how I should be conducting myself in situation like waiting in a line for ammo that is running out. My topic is on my conduct in public when OC/CC or neither. How was the quote not fair? Sorry for being an ignoramus.
    Last edited by Law abider; 02-26-2013 at 09:26 AM.

The question is did he acutal have any ammo in his gun?

If he did then he could have waited for some more if he didn't then he was putting him self at risk.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    Can you please explain a fair use quote? The topic was how I should be conducting myself in situation like waiting in a line for ammo that is running out. My topic is on my conduct in public when OC/CC or neither. How was the quote not fair? Sorry for being an ignoramus.
    The "fair use quote" means it's polite and customary to include a quote (or summary) of some of the more relevant parts of the article you're linking to so those reading your post can get an idea at a glance of what you're talking about or referring to. It also helps people to decide if the link is something they might want to click on for more information or if they get the gist of it from your fair use quote (FUQ).

People want to have some clue as to what they are clicking into other than "hey, look at this !"

Quote Originally Posted by NoTolerance View Post
    The "fair use quote" means it's polite and customary to include a quote (or summary) of some of the more relevant parts of the article you're linking to so those reading your post can get an idea at a glance of what you're talking about or referring to. It also helps people to decide if the link is something they might want to click on for more information or if they get the gist of it from your fair use quote (FUQ).
    Got it Bro1 and thanks yetiman!

Quote Originally Posted by NoTolerance View Post
    Thank you, Sir.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post

3rd;

Last edited by Lurchiron; 02-26-2013 at 04:01 PM.
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

Quote Originally Posted by Lurchiron View Post
    3rd;
    Exactly. Never drink skunky green bottled beer. Life is too short.
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    Maturuty Is a Necessary Commodity
    Apparently so is spell check...

LOL
    Last edited by Archangel; 03-04-2013 at 02:25 PM.

Interesting, the commoditization of maturity. Is "strapping up" sufficient skin-in-the-game to overcome lack of maturity?

I didn't know this was coming. Remember that incident when someone pulled a gun on a person who cut in front of him standing in line to buy ammo?

This lawmaker has the 'answer'. And this may not be the end of these types of laws targeting us OCers and CCers. I am sure we will also hear that now a person has to take anger management before purchasing a gun. This lawmaker also wants to limit ammo stockpiling!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...nition-buyers/