• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Maturuty Is a Necessary Commodity

Law abider

Maturity Is a Necessary Commodity

Being on this blog has shown me that all of you have talents in different areas regarding OC/CC. I see many with maturity regarding OC/CC: I am still on a learning curve. Recently as we all know, ammo is in short supply for myriads of reasons. let us hope that not too many incidences like this take place in Wisconsin ( Patented phrase). Hopefully none at all.

http://www.kcbd.com/story/21309284/high-demand-for-ammo-triggers-gun-threat-at-gander-mountain

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

1st off it is customary and a sign of respect to post a fair use quote from a link to give fellow members a heads up.

2nd, just another reason to keep avoiding Gander Mountain since the place was put on the boycott list.

Last edited:

Law abider

1st off it is customary and a sign of respect to post a fair use quote from a link to give fellow members a heads up.

2nd, just another reason to keep avoiding Gander Mountain since the place was put on the boycott list.

Can you please explain a fair use quote? The topic was how I should be conducting myself in situation like waiting in a line for ammo that is running out. My topic is on my conduct in public when OC/CC or neither. How was the quote not fair? Sorry for being an ignoramus.

Last edited:

Firearms Iinstuctor

The question is did he acutal have any ammo in his gun?

If he did then he could have waited for some more if he didn't then he was putting him self at risk.

NoTolerance

Can you please explain a fair use quote? The topic was how I should be conducting myself in situation like waiting in a line for ammo that is running out. My topic is on my conduct in public when OC/CC or neither. How was the quote not fair? Sorry for being an ignoramus.

The "fair use quote" means it's polite and customary to include a quote (or summary) of some of the more relevant parts of the article you're linking to so those reading your post can get an idea at a glance of what you're talking about or referring to. It also helps people to decide if the link is something they might want to click on for more information or if they get the gist of it from your fair use quote (FUQ).

Yetiman

People want to have some clue as to what they are clicking into other than "hey, look at this !"

Law abider

The "fair use quote" means it's polite and customary to include a quote (or summary) of some of the more relevant parts of the article you're linking to so those reading your post can get an idea at a glance of what you're talking about or referring to. It also helps people to decide if the link is something they might want to click on for more information or if they get the gist of it from your fair use quote (FUQ).

Got it Bro1 and thanks yetiman!

HandyHamlet

Thank you, Sir.

Lurchiron

3rd;

[video=youtube;VhQhZyNKqhM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhQhZyNKqhM[/video] :dude:

Last edited:

Law abider

I didn't know this was coming. Remember that incident when someone pulled a gun on a person who cut in front of him standing in line to buy ammo?

This lawmaker has the 'answer'. And this may not be the end of these types of laws targeting us OCers and CCers. I am sure we will also hear that now a person has to take anger management before purchasing a gun. This lawmaker also wants to limit ammo stockpiling!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ger-management-courses-for-ammunition-buyers/