• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bob Irwin quoted by the NY Times...

CowboyKen

The information I have gleaned so far is this:

They want to get repeal of the blue card.

They want to have Nevada under ONE set of laws concerning firearms, not multiple sets.

They are 'for' the same things I am concerning those laws, assuming them to be the same things you are 'for.'

What else do YOU need?

What has the GOA done for Nevada?

What GOA does for everyone helps us here in Nevada.

As to NVFAC, so far they want and espouse and are 'for' many things but results seem to be non-existent. Some of the folks that are involved cause me to want to ask questions so I do. It seems I am not alone in being unsure as to the motives behind this organization.

Ken

wrightme

What GOA does for everyone helps us here in Nevada.
No, I asked what they have done IN Nevada.....

CowboyKen said:
As to NVFAC, so far they want and espouse and are 'for' many things but results seem to be non-existent.
As always, their stated mode was to prepare for this legislative session. What 'results' would you expect to see prior to the session for that?

CowboyKen said:
Some of the folks that are involved cause me to want to ask questions so I do.
Stay tuned.

CowboyKen said:
It seems I am not alone in being unsure as to the motives behind this organization.

Ken
"Bandwagon" or "Appeal to Numbers" logical fallacy.

CowboyKen

No, I asked what they have done IN Nevada....

And I answered. Just because you don't like the answer does not make it any less valid.

As always, their stated mode was to prepare for this legislative session. What 'results' would you expect to see prior to the session for that?

Their stated purposes and objectives include:
"•To coordinate, sponsor, and/or conduct competitive events."
"•To sponsor and/or conduct matches for the selection of teams to represent the State in the National Matches and/or other matches approved by the Board of Directors."
"•To sponsor and/or conduct firearms training and education programs for firearms safety, self-defense, competitions, recreation and hunting."
"•To promote the education and development of youth in marksmanship and firearms safety."
etc.

It has been a year and a half and I have yet to see or hear about any of the above being addressed in any way. Why not?

Stay tuned.

I am looking forward to finding out what this means. Is it a secret?

"Bandwagon" or "Appeal to Numbers" logical fallacy.

I could accuse you of the same, but I won't

Ken

Last edited:

DON`T TREAD ON ME

The information I have gleaned so far is this:

They want to get repeal of the blue card.

They want to have Nevada under ONE set of laws concerning firearms, not multiple sets.

They are 'for' the same things I am concerning those laws, assuming them to be the same things you are 'for.'

What else do YOU need?

Hey wrightme... Just who do you think you are, to tell Ken, Or anyone else what should/should not be important to that individual?
Have you read your condescending posts lately? Bro ... Get a grip you are one of the smartest guys on here , but that does not give you a license to tell people what is/is not important to them!

wrightme

Hey wrightme... Just who do you think you are, to tell Ken, Or anyone else what should/should not be important to that individual?
Have you read your condescending posts lately? Bro ... Get a grip you are one of the smartest guys on here , but that does not give you a license to tell people what is/is not important to them!

What? Are you claiming that an OC advocate should NOT have those items I listed as 'important?'

I feel I have quite a firm grasp of what should be important to Nevada Gun owners.

What I am seeing clearly is this.

The NVFAC has focused upon preparing for this legislative session, since inception. That is what is important to me, and it sure should be important to Ken. The rest is fluff as far as I am concerned, until Nevada's gun laws are reined in. Given the views you and others present about the premier gun range for competitions in the pointy end, I don't see any reason to hold NVFAC accountable for those items, do you?

I now offer an alternate view of the NVFAC holding the annual meeting at the county park.
A reasonable analogy is if the Brady bunch held their annual meeting at a facility owned and rented by bushmaster. "Thumbing their nose at" comes to mind.

IOW, the group who has the stated goal of removing the exemption to 'state does all gun laws' from the County, using the county shooting range for their meeting.

Last edited:

The Big Guy

A consideration to many of the questions, not all, asked on here about the NVFAC can be explained by this, low membership, low bank account, getting people off their backsides. For those that think the NVFAC was going to ride into town like a new sheriff with guns blazing and overnight solve all the problems well that only happens in the movies.

What has the GOA done in NV? What would you expect them to do? They are a National organization geared toward lobbying at the national level and in my estimation they do a damn fine job of it. I'm a life member and I think it's a great organization. They were supportive in my fight to get Henderson to obey state law with regard to opening up the parks and buildings. I like the SAF too. They put on some great court challenges.

Now before I get blasted by the anti NVFAC crowd I'm gonna say this again, there are many things I don't like about it. I am not however going to throw in the towel and walk away. I'm going to support what I feel is right and fight to change what I think is wrong. I'm tired of listening to those sitting on the outside endlessly bitching. You don't want to be a part, great, don't join. What I simply can't understand is the endless need of some on the outside doing their best to destroy it. What do you gain? I'll answer that, nothing!

If what you are looking for are magic solutions by someone else’s efforts move to fairyland where they will accommodate you.

Now, go ahead, fire away, I can take it.

TBG

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
Got a email from Irwin, Said he resigned the board of the NVFAC. It is personal so I wont share the text.... Looks like he is trying to be a "gentleman" about the break up.

If so, this is the best news about NVFAC I've seen.

The question now becomes who replaces him, and whether the club makes any movement toward its stated goals.

DVC

I now offer an alternate view of the NVFAC holding the annual meeting at the county park.
A reasonable analogy is if the Brady bunch held their annual meeting at a facility owned and rented by bushmaster. "Thumbing their nose at" comes to mind.

Reading your post, "Dixie Chicks" comes to mind.

More specifically, when the Dixie Chicks were booed for their anti-American comments onstage, and said "We choose to believe that the people are booing George Bush!"

Unless you can provide any statement from NVFAC leadership supporting your "alternate view," it's nothing more than how you choose to see it, unrelated to the reasons for NVFAC to be there.

wrightme

You claimed that YOU asked what GOA has done IN Nevada, and this is not true.

You're trying to pick a fight over his not answering a question that you didn't ask.

Oh, bull.

Sorry you couldn't follow along.

YOU are trying to pick someone else's fight for them because you don't like me.

wrightme

Reading your post, "Dixie Chicks" comes to mind.

More specifically, when the Dixie Chicks were booed for their anti-American comments onstage, and said "We choose to believe that the people are booing George Bush!"

Unless you can provide any statement from NVFAC leadership supporting your "alternate view," it's nothing more than how you choose to see it, unrelated to the reasons for NVFAC to be there.

It is equally valid to the viewpoint of those decrying the choice. In fact, given the responses by Don Turner about the park, it is MORE valid than the detractor viewpoint.

DVC

YOU are trying to pick someone else's fight for them because you don't like me.

I'm not trying to pick a fight -- that's YOUR role here. I'm simply pointing out that you said one thing, then had a hissy fit because he didn't answer something else . . .unless you can show date and time for when you asked what GOA had done IN Nevada, as you claim to have asked.

As far as not liking you, I don't have any personal feeling about you whatsoever, other than sadness over the way you lost my respect last year.

DVC

It is equally valid to the viewpoint of those decrying the choice. In fact, given the responses by Don Turner about the park, it is MORE valid than the detractor viewpoint.

I look forward to your supplying a link to a response from Don Turner which indicates that meeting at the gun park is intended as "thumbing the nose," as you claim. If he had said it, why would you call this an "alternate view" . . ?

wrightme

I look forward to your supplying a link to a response from Don Turner which indicates that meeting at the gun park is intended as "thumbing the nose," as you claim. If he had said it, why would you call this an "alternate view" . . ?

As to 'alternate view,' that is 'alternate to the one the anti-parkers present.

And yes, it Don Turner's response has been posted in the Nevada forums for all to read, I forget which person had that correspondence with him.