• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Indian Trail Wal-Mart resembling WWII European food ration lines...

.40 Cal

State Researcher
I went to the local Wal-Mart this morning at 7, and the surprise that I found waiting for me was disheartening. Last night I went to the Wallly World to see if they had anything more than the same old boxes of 22 Win Mag and 22-250 (That's all they have had in there every time I have gone in since before Christmas). The lady said "Come in tomorrow around 7 when they stock the shelf. I think we're getting 9mm, .45 and a few other things." I didn't think that I would need to come at 7 to get my supplies if they were really going to restock their shelves, but I had nothing to do at 7 this morning... Apparently I wasn't the only person she told to come in at 7. There was a line that was 12 people deep before the shelves had even been restocked! At this point I felt like I had already commited, and I might as well see this thing through. My hunter gatherer instinct kicked in, and I was going to get ammo come hell or high water!

While in line I spoke with everyone around me and realized that I had seen images of this very event in history books and documentaries. It was the same lines people had to stand in for food and commodities during the great world wars. People were talking about "the way things were" and they "heard from a supplier that the government is making sure that they buy all the ammo from the manufacturers because..." It was surreal.

When the ammo was rolled out, things really got interesting. The lady started hollering out what they had: 12 boxes of 9mm, 6 boxes of .45, some .40, 20 boxes of .22lr and some assorted boxes. People began to shift in line, making plans on what they would buy if the caliber they were here for wasn't available. By now another 6 people had formed the line behind me, and they knew their odds were worse than mine. The mumblings got louder, and at this point I realized what the lady up front was telling them. They were limiting purchases to 3 boxes a person! Pure BS!

When I made it to the front, I asked if they had any 9mm left, 22lr or 7.62x39. She said no to the .22, and there were 10 boxes of Tula 7.62 (yuck) 20 rnd boxes and 3 federal 9mm boxes left (apparently most of the people in line were looking for .22's). I told her to give me the 9mm and let me see the Tula. She quickly gave me an attitude and said, "Which is going to be? You can't have both!" I looked at everyone in line and asked, "Is anyone here for 7.62 ammo?" Everyone said no, and I turned my attention to her. I said I would like to look at it in case I might want to buy it. She told me I was only allowed to buy 3 boxes of ammo. I told her that it was not the same caliber, so her rule made no sense. She said that I could just walk out the door if I didn't agree with their policy, and at this point several people behind seemed to cheer up because they thought they would get a shot at buying their 9mm. I paid for the 3 boxes of 9 and walked out the door.

Once I left, it hit me. Our government is playing psychological warfare. Cut off the supplies and demoralize the enemy. It's sad when We The People have become the enemy of the democraticaly elected government of the United States of America.

.40 Cal

J-SiN

We live in some interesting times thats for sure

only 3 boxes of ammo huh
wow

and even if in different caliber lol

WalkingWolf

Got any good site suggestions?

I think that changes by the day, maybe even the hour. I have bought both from MidwayUSA, and Sportsmansguide. But then I don't buy a lot of ammo since I reload. There are literally hundreds of sites that sell ammo, but I believe there is a site that links them all, maybe someone who uses it will post the link.

mpguy

I would call corporate. It didn't specify on the sign caliber kind, or boxes in general. I did this not to long ago for some stuff, and being it's a technicality thing, they may say something to her.

.45 or bust

Super6O

The manager at my local wally world runs it as 3 boxes per person per brand per caliber.

Walked in with my dad and walked out with 12 boxes of 9 mm and 6 7.62 x 39

Not all managers are alike lol

.40 Cal

State Researcher
www.ammoseek.com is a web crawler that scours the internet for ammo websites with the best prices. They don't sell anything, but they do a good job of finding the best ammo deals out there.

The only reason I still go to WM is because it's right up the street, and I love the personal interaction I get from the WM employees (barf)...