Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MWAG Call - Video

MWAG Call - Video

Good vid, carrier knew his stuff. Cop eventually folded like a cheap suit. Anyone see this yet? Portland but not sure which state:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1fA...e_gdata_player

Damn, that carrier knew his stuff. I couldn't name most cases and could barely name the exact RCWs. Looks like I need to commit some more stuff to memory or carry a cheat sheet of info (i do have pamphlets but they are on WA state law, not so much on case law like this gentleman knew).

Glad it went well... as well as possible for a situation that should have never happened.
    Last edited by xxx.jakk.xxx; 02-26-2013 at 05:29 PM.
    "though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Psalms 23:4

"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power." Benjamin Franklin

“It’s always open season on criminals in Mason County, and there’s no bag limit.” Sen. Tim Sheldon (D)

Molōn labe!

The scary thing is the comments after the video that show almost every person saying the cop was just doing his job and what would you do if someone was carrying a gun down the street... That is why I choose to open carry. the more guns people see the less likely they are to think we are law breaking maniacs.
    Small Business Owner---> Forward Motion Performance. Auto Services, 2A supporter, your gun is welcome and gets you a discount!
    Gun Rights Advocate---> I'll stand up for your rights, even if you don't think it's important.

Old news, and the comments make me want to puke.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Quote Originally Posted by kwiebe View Post
    Good vid, carrier knew his stuff. Cop eventually folded like a cheap suit. Anyone see this yet? Portland but not sure which state:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1fA...e_gdata_player
    Maine. The original thread: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...nt-in-Portland

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    Old news
    It was posted today, how is it old?

Quote Originally Posted by bmg50cal View Post
    It was posted today, how is it old?
    Folks source and repost stuff on the Tube all the time.

Its from a few months ago. I saw the original on youtube quite a while ago.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

It is still hot conversation in the LEO world. Here is an article on P1 about the confrontation.

http://www.policeone.com/patrol-issu...r&nlid=6131471

Some of the comments are enlightening. Apparently we are all "a$$hats if we are armed. They really believe that we go out to ambush them. Most of the People I know that carry recorders, carry because they fear LEOs will lie about the incident.

In this article they use the incident as a "training" exercise. It can also be used as a reminder for OCers as to what to expect from a LEO.

http://www.policeone.com/police-trai...r&nlid=6131471

Most of these folks are well-meaning people who simply want to “demonstrate” their rights under the law, such as it is, wherever that is. However, some of them are out on the streets with the sole purpose of provoking a confrontation with law enforcement.
    They want nothing more than to trip you up, make you flustered, and get you irritated.
    That way, they can post the video of their encounter to the Internet. So, remember:

1.) Know your local law
    2.) Know your weapons
    3.) Keep your cool
    4.) Use command presence
    5.) Use verbal judo
    6.) Remain professional
    7.) Maintain your 360
    8.) Remember ‘plus one’
    9.) Call for backup
    10.) Watch the hands
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    It is still hot conversation in the LEO world. Here is an article on P1 about the confrontation.

Some of the comments are enlightening. Apparently we are all "a$$hats if we are armed. They really believe that we go out to ambush them. Most of the People I know that carry recorders, carry because they fear LEOs will lie about the incident.

In this article they use the incident as a "training" exercise. It can also be used as a reminder for OCers as to what to expect from a LEO.

Most of these folks are well-meaning people who simply want to “demonstrate” their rights under the law, such as it is, wherever that is. However, some of them are out on the streets with the sole purpose of provoking a confrontation with law enforcement.
    They want nothing more than to trip you up, make you flustered, and get you irritated.
    That way, they can post the video of their encounter to the Internet. So, remember:

1.) Know your local law
    2.) Know your weapons
    3.) Keep your cool
    4.) Use command presence
    5.) Use verbal judo
    6.) Remain professional
    7.) Maintain your 360
    8.) Remember ‘plus one’
    9.) Call for backup
    10.) Watch the hands
    Unclear about items 7 and 8. Would someone help me out with these?

1.) Know your local law
    2.) Know your weapons
    3.) Keep your cool
    4.) Use command presence
    5.) Use verbal judo
    6.) Remain professional
    7.) Maintain your 360
    8.) Remember ‘plus one’
    9.) Call for backup
    10.) Watch the hands
    They need a step "0."
    0.) Don't not initiate encounter without RAS or PC.

I love this quote from the police forum!!

"Posted by patch187 on Thursday, February 28, 2013 07:42 AM Pacifi

I'm from/work in New Mexico, an open carry state. I encounter people with guns on their hip all the time and unless they are doing something that gives me reasonable suspicion to conduct an investigation then the best I can do is a consensual encouter. I usually those begin with talking about the guy and asking him why he doesn't get a concealed carry permit. I don't take his gun because legally I can't.

If we're not going to support the constitution then what are we here for in the first place? It's not about proving a point to someone who offends us in some way, it's about protecting people's rights. Keep in mind, once we retire or move on from law enforcement, we fall under those same rules as well and most of us would just about **** ourselves if another officer stopped us for something we were doing that WAS LEGAL with no other reason for the stop. Just my 2 cents...as always, STAY SAFE AND SHOOT STRAIGHT! "

I still can't seem to master the BOLD...but by this officer saying that once they "move on" from being a LEO. "we fall under those same rules as well".......such BS.....
    GOD gave me rights!!!....The Constitutuion just confirms it!!

Most of the People I know that carry recorders, carry because they fear LEOs will lie about the incident.
    We call it "testilying"...
    Rev. Robert Apgood, Esq.

A right cannot be lost by exercising it. McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U.S. 3025, 130 S. Ct. 3020, 3021, 177 L. Ed. 2d 894 (2010) (citing Near v. Minn., 283 U.S. 697 (1931)).

Although IAAL, anything I say here is not legal advice. No conversations we may have privately or otherwise in this forum constitute the formation of an attorney-client relationship, and are not intended to do so.

#7 - maintain your 360......keep your eyes open and be aware of what is around you
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Re: MWAG Call - Video

Plus One, also known as the Rule of Two, is an assumption that if they see one weapon they will find another nearby. They use (read as Abuse) this 'rule' as a justification for further investigation or search. They think that if you have one weapon they can see they just have to look harder/deeper to find the other.

The 4th circuit just blasted that idea on it's face a couple days ago in US vs Black.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

Quote Originally Posted by "k_9527 on Wednesday, February 27, 2013 05:47 PM Pacific
    I have no problem with people exercising their 2nd Amendment Rights. I DO have a problem with idiots such as this that try to make fools out of LE. And for what purpose? I bet this guy is a "Skinny Jean" wearing hipster that knows it all. Well Sir, let me point a few things out to you:

#1: Even though you can walk along a "public street", keep in mind that citizens may be alarmed by your weapon.
    #2: When cops get a "lawful complaint", they are obligated to investigate.
    #3: Once the "subject" is found and identified and the weapon is seen, cops have enough to detain you to investigate.
    #4: At that point, cops have to determine if the "subject" is not a felon and that the firearm is not stolen. Therefore, you HAVE TO PROVIDE PROOF OF IDENTIFICATION.
    #5: If everything checks out, you're free to leave and merrily carry on with your "skinny jean" wearing self. Thanks.
    #1 So? They can be alarmed that I'm black or that I'm wearing white after Labor Day or because I'm wearing stripes mixed with plaids.
    #2 A "lawful complaint"? What in Tarnation is that? A complaint of someone performing a lawful act? "Help! That man's wearing a blue shirt, Stop HIM OMG, OMG, OMG!"
    #3 Perhaps in some benighted jurisdictions, not in the one I live in.
    #4. Do they "have to determine" that my cellphone is stolen, or my Parker brand pen, what about the sandwich from MickyDee's do they have some responsibility to determine any of those are stolen either?
    #5 I doubt it, and I highly doubt Officer Friendly can cite to state law in his blighted state that says I do.

Re: MWAG Call - Video

Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    #1 So? They can be alarmed that I'm black or that I'm wearing white after Labor Day or because I'm wearing stripes mixed with plaids.
    #2 A "lawful complaint"? What in Tarnation is that? A complaint of someone performing a lawful act? "Help! That man's wearing a blue shirt, Stop HIM OMG, OMG, OMG!"
    #3 Perhaps in some benighted jurisdictions, not in the one I live in.
    #4. Do they "have to determine" that my cellphone is stolen, or my Parker brand pen, what about the sandwich from MickyDee's do they have some responsibility to determine any of those are stolen either?
    #5 I doubt it, and I highly doubt Officer Friendly can cite to state law in his blighted state that says I do.
    Hear hear. Numbers three and four really got my blood boilling, even though I know it is how they operate anyhow. If he used that in court the case would get thrown out right there.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rapgood View Post
    We call it "testilying"...

Yep other wise know as perjury the prosecutors and judges wont' prosecute for.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by Baked on Grease View Post
    Plus One, also known as the Rule of Two, is an assumption that if they see one weapon they will find another nearby. They use (read as Abuse) this 'rule' as a justification for further investigation or search. They think that if you have one weapon they can see they just have to look harder/deeper to find the other. The 4th circuit just blasted that idea on it's face a couple days ago in US vs Black.
    ^^ This is Truth!!

Don't you just love the "comments" on P1. It gives you an insight to people you may run into on a daily basis.
    Comment: I have never been and never will be a "subject". I am, and will remain a Free Man, unintimidated by law enforcement.

Black in the 4th and Thompson in the 10th. Both charged as "Felon in possession of a firearm". The mere possession of a firearm in a state that allows unlicensed OC is not enough for reasonable suspician to conduct a Terry stop.

It looks to me like the 70% consensus amongst the cops on policeone (you can only be a member after being vetted by site management as a police officer) is that the police violated the persons rights...
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

^^ Consensus? More like forced to accept the fact that cops were caught red handed violating a citizen's rights, multiple citizens that is. ^^

Did they, those 70% consensus cops, give any hint as to what sanctions the offending cops in US v. Black should be subjected to if any?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    ^^ Consensus? More like forced to accept the fact that cops were caught red handed violating a citizen's rights, multiple citizens that is. ^^

Did they, those 70% consensus cops, give any hint as to what sanctions the offending cops in US v. Black should be subjected to if any?
    You're right, the cops are just jack booted fascists who will round us up in FEMA camps and execute all the true patriots, every little misstep is evidence of this, it's all s giant conspiracy to take your rights away and make you a feudal slave, becuase otherwise you'd want the officer to receive the death penalty or life without parole in ADX Florence for inconveincing anyone for 3 minutes, how could I possibly have forgotten that
    Last edited by EMNofSeattle; 03-04-2013 at 02:20 PM.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    You're right, the cops are just jack booted fascists who will round us up in FEMA camps and execute all the true patriots, every little misstep is evidence of this, it's all s giant conspiracy to take your rights away and make you a feudal slave, because otherwise you'd want the officer to receive the death penalty or life without parole in ADX Florence for inconviencing anyone for 3 minutes, how could I possibly have forgotten that
    Have you not gotten the word? Look here>
    http://www.duffelblog.com/2013/01/mi...confiscations/

Have you not gotten the word? Look here>
    http://www.duffelblog.com/2013/01/mi...confiscations/
    You know what's sad, I actually looked up the Air Force general biographies for "general scott" before I caught on it was a spoof

NRA Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast