Thread: Freedom Foundation Presentation

Freedom Foundation Presentation

Anyone in the Spokane area interested in a presentation by Dave Roland of the Freedom Foundation on the Right of Self Defense?

I'm told the presentation takes 30 to 45 minutes, depending on the questions.

A short description:
    1. Get up-to-date analysis of the most recent court decisions interpreting the Second Amendment.
    2. Find out how state constitutions can raise the bar for individual liberty.
    3. Hear about different ways that state constitutions safeguard citizensí rights to protect themselves and their neighbors.
    4. Learn the threats facing the right of self-defense Ė and what you can do to help fend off those threats.

Dave Roland's bio:
    He is currently the Director of the Theodore L. Stiles Center for Liberty where he manages litigation for the Freedom Foundation. He earned undergraduate degrees in Political Science and Biblical Studies at Abilene (TX) Christian University before studying law and religion at Vanderbilt University, where he received his law degree and a Masterís in Theology in 2004. Following law school, Dave spent more than three years in the nationís capital as an attorney with the Institute for Justice, where he litigated school choice, economic liberty, and property rights cases in state and federal courts. He next spent several years in Missouri, first with the Show-Me Institute in St. Louis, Missouri, and more recently with the Freedom Center of Missouri. Daveís research and cases have been discussed in the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, the Huffington Post, SCOTUSBlog.com and on Fox News and MSNBC, as well as other major media outlets nationwide. He has been licensed to practice law in the District of Columbia, Tennessee and Missouri, and he is a member of the bar of the United States Supreme Court.

If you're interested, when would be a good time, weekday evenings after most of us are off work, Saturday morning? All inputs are appreciated.
    D Wordinger, Domestic Terrorist

We can get 20+ people to show up to eat donuts, but nobody is interested in our constitution, the courts, and the legislature has to say about our right to self defense?

Quote Originally Posted by dwordinger View Post
    We can get 20+ people to show up to eat donuts, but nobody is interested in our constitution, the courts, and the legislature has to say about our right to self defense?
    I am interested, just let me know when.

Dude you under estimate the power of doughnuts... wish i was kidding! If i had a date and time i might could commit to something like this!

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    I'm interested but funds and timing not good.

I will see you April 20th though right?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by bennie1986 View Post
    Dude you under estimate the power of doughnuts... wish i was kidding! If i had a date and time i might could commit to something like this!
    What date and time would you like?

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I will see you April 20th though right?
    You'll see me and my XD.

What date and time would you like?
    I won't know without a date but Thurs-Sat work best for me, with some kids sports in there Thursday eve and Sat Morn...

-Thor
    Let me make a short, opening, blanket statement. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a decent person is no threat to anybody - except bad people.

- Charleton Heston

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    You'll see me and my XD.
    +1
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)