• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Freedom Foundation Presentation

dwordinger

Anyone in the Spokane area interested in a presentation by Dave Roland of the Freedom Foundation on the Right of Self Defense?

I'm told the presentation takes 30 to 45 minutes, depending on the questions.

A short description:
1. Get up-to-date analysis of the most recent court decisions interpreting the Second Amendment.
2. Find out how state constitutions can raise the bar for individual liberty.
3. Hear about different ways that state constitutions safeguard citizens’ rights to protect themselves and their neighbors.
4. Learn the threats facing the right of self-defense – and what you can do to help fend off those threats.

Dave Roland's bio:
He is currently the Director of the Theodore L. Stiles Center for Liberty where he manages litigation for the Freedom Foundation. He earned undergraduate degrees in Political Science and Biblical Studies at Abilene (TX) Christian University before studying law and religion at Vanderbilt University, where he received his law degree and a Master’s in Theology in 2004. Following law school, Dave spent more than three years in the nation’s capital as an attorney with the Institute for Justice, where he litigated school choice, economic liberty, and property rights cases in state and federal courts. He next spent several years in Missouri, first with the Show-Me Institute in St. Louis, Missouri, and more recently with the Freedom Center of Missouri. Dave’s research and cases have been discussed in the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, the Huffington Post, SCOTUSBlog.com and on Fox News and MSNBC, as well as other major media outlets nationwide. He has been licensed to practice law in the District of Columbia, Tennessee and Missouri, and he is a member of the bar of the United States Supreme Court.

If you're interested, when would be a good time, weekday evenings after most of us are off work, Saturday morning? All inputs are appreciated.

dwordinger

We can get 20+ people to show up to eat donuts, but nobody is interested in our constitution, the courts, and the legislature has to say about our right to self defense?