Thread: Calling all lawfully armed women

Calling all lawfully armed women

A group called 'Stop the War on Women' claims to represent the voice of women, and call for an outright ban on ALL firearms.

All lawfully armed women should make it a point to let them know what you think of their claims to represent you. You may want to stop by the next Grand Rapids City Commission meeting, and let them know, too.

You are woman, let your voice be heard!

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapi...88381481237582
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Anybody here from the Second Amendment Sisters?

We are mothers...

...who want to protect our children.
    ...who know that teaching our children gun safety is the best way to keep them safe.

...who know the best way to protect our children from gun violence is not by disarmingthe law-abiding citizens who...protect them, but by demanding that current gun laws benforced andthat criminals be disarmed.
    ...who want to preserve the Constitution, and all the rights it affords, for our children.
    ...who want to pass on our heritage.

We are daughters...

...who want to feel safe and confident on our own.
    ...who don't want to be forced to depend on men, restraining orders or call 911 to stand between us and an attacker.

We are sisters...
    ...who have different backgrounds and different political parties, but who abhor violent crime in America and want to do ...something about it.
    ...who believe in being responsible, knowledgeable gun owners.
    ...who know the right of self-defense is a basic human right.

We are women... And we have the right to bear arms.

Join the SAS Michigan e-list and be a part of the solution!
    MI-SAS@yahoogroups.com

http://www.2asisters.net/mi/index.html
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

FYI, the next meeting is March 5th @7pm on the 9th floor of City Hall in Grand Rapids

300 Monroe Ave
    Grand Rapids, MI

There is a parking garage underneath city hall that can be accessed from Monroe Ave. Bring your parking ticket with you to the meeting to get your parking validated.

http://grcity.us/city-clerk/Document...s%20Annual.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by bigt8261 View Post
    FYI, the next meeting is March 5th @7pm on the 9th floor of City Hall in Grand Rapids

300 Monroe Ave
    Grand Rapids, MI

There is a parking garage underneath city hall that can be accessed from Monroe Ave. Bring your parking ticket with you to the meeting to get your parking validated.

http://grcity.us/city-clerk/Document...s%20Annual.pdf
    Please connect the dots. How does this apply to this thread?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Please connect the dots. How does this apply to this thread?
    The women protested at the commission meeting, so go there to let the women know that they do not speak for all women.
    My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense

Quote Originally Posted by Raggs View Post
    The women protested at the commission meeting, so go there to let the women know that they do not speak for all women.
    Bingo! Thanks, putting my glasses to their designed use does help.

Recruiting women to join our groups and help represent us should be our number one priority imo. we need to diversify, and when we show up in force we need people of all ages, races, and genders to stand with us. the more diverse we are the more people we reach with our message.
    If guns cause crime, all mine are defective- Ted Nugent

Maybe women will be heard on the 2nd amendment, God knows men aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by detroit_fan View Post
    Recruiting women to join our groups and help represent us should be our number one priority imo. we need to diversify, and when we show up in force we need people of all ages, races, and genders to stand with us. the more diverse we are the more people we reach with our message.
    Women supporting self-defense/RKBA are golden to our cause. Women w/children go platinum.

Women supporting self-defense/RKBA are golden to our cause. Women w/children go platinum.
    yep. much harder for the anti's to use the "think of the women and children" logic when the women and children are standing with us.

My wife intends to get her cpl this spring / summer, she will likely open carry then.

My reasons to OC
    7. Self defense

I have already recruited one, she has applied for her CPL and has her own gun now. Your turn
    Want to keep informed of Open Carry events in your area? Go to www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

For Drama free gun rights discussion, see http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Ezerharden View Post
    I have already recruited one, she has applied for her CPL and has her own gun now. Your turn
    way ahead of you, my wife got her cpl last year

although she prefers to CC, and i'm fine with that, as long as she is carrying

way ahead of you, my wife got her cpl last year

although she prefers to CC, and i'm fine with that, as long as she is carrying
    Ok, you and I are covered... Next?
    Want to keep informed of Open Carry events in your area? Go to www.miopencarry.org/update

My wife was about to sign up for a class and then we found out she is pregnant. We decided to hold off until afterwards, but she's still looking forward to it.

we have Women in our ranks...

We had a Woman at the first meeting that was held in Britten michigan in 2007 at Mc Donalds

Mrs. Mastiff
    Venator,
    Mr Mastiff,
    Michigander,
    & we have had many other Women in our group, they come & go like everyone else, But yes I agree with you we need more Women to join the firearm groups, I believe that many Women feel that it is a boys club.....
    Last edited by mastiff69; 03-02-2013 at 07:46 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by mastiff69 View Post
    We had a Woman at the first meeting that was held in Britten michigan in 2007 at Mc Donalds

Mrs. Mastiff
    Venator,
    Mr Mastiff,
    Michigander,
    & we have had many other Women in our group, they come & go like everyone else, But yes I agree with you we need more Women to join the firearm groups, I believe that many Women feel that it is a boys club.....
    I'm not sure what the answer is, but I believe having a woman in a leadership position or maybe coordinating events could help. A woman organizing an OC lunch for other women interested in OC could possibly generate some interest. When we have tables at events a woman working the table would be a good idea, it may encourage more women to approach us and ask for information. I don't know, just a couple ideas, i'm sure someone has something better, but i really think it should be a top priority.

Someone like Steel Magnolia

I'm not sure what the answer is, but I believe having a woman in a leadership position or maybe coordinating events could help. A woman organizing an OC lunch for other women interested in OC could possibly generate some interest. When we have tables at events a woman working the table would be a good idea, it may encourage more women to approach us and ask for information. I don't know, just a couple ideas, i'm sure someone has something better, but i really think it should be a top priority.
    My reasons to OC
    7. Self defense

Re: Calling all lawfully armed women

Yeah Steel Magnolia is the MOC GrandRapids local coordinator... she also handles west to the lakeshore and anywhere else in the surrounding area.

MOC is run by volunteers so if you know of some likely ladies send em our way.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by autosurgeon; 03-02-2013 at 02:44 PM.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Quote Originally Posted by Raggs View Post
    Someone like Steel Magnolia
    great example, we need many more like her

Quote Originally Posted by autosurgeon View Post
    Yeah Steel Magnolia is the MOC GrandRapids local coordinator... she also handles west to the lakeshore and anywhere else in the surrounding area.

MOC is run by volunteers so if you know of some likely ladies send em our way.

Yeah I think we should start talking about new ideas to bring interest from women to MOC. Not sure exactly what would work best, but an open discussion of different ideas would be a good idea. Maybe feedback from our(MOC) current female membership would be a good place to start. I'm not on twitter or any of the social media stuff but maybe we could utilize that to draw some interest? Are there shooting events aimed specifically at women? Maybe setting up a table at one of those events and staffing it with some female members would be an option.
    Last edited by detroit_fan; 03-02-2013 at 03:31 PM. Reason: spelling

Re: Calling all lawfully armed women

I know I am starting to see more ladies on the MOC forums. That in and of itself is a good thing and can lead to volunteers in the future.

Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

My wife is starting to carry, cautiously as she is still waiting for her CPL. She attends events with me when she can and now she will be carrying at those events. She may become more active as time passes.

Urgent Update

March 5th Commission Meeting will NOT be held at city hall. It will instead be held in the Congress School gymnasium. See details here: http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapi....html#comments

Metal folding chairs oh boy

Quote Originally Posted by bigt8261 View Post
    Urgent Update

March 5th Commission Meeting will NOT be held at city hall. It will instead be held in the Congress School gymnasium. See details here: http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapi....html#comments
    My reasons to OC
    7. Self defense