• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Calling all lawfully armed women

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
A group called 'Stop the War on Women' claims to represent the voice of women, and call for an outright ban on ALL firearms.

All lawfully armed women should make it a point to let them know what you think of their claims to represent you. You may want to stop by the next Grand Rapids City Commission meeting, and let them know, too.

You are woman, let your voice be heard!

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rap...aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Anybody here from the Second Amendment Sisters?

We are mothers...

...who want to protect our children.
...who know that teaching our children gun safety is the best way to keep them safe.

...who know the best way to protect our children from gun violence is not by disarmingthe law-abiding citizens who ...protect them, but by demanding that current gun laws benforced andthat criminals be disarmed.
...who want to preserve the Constitution, and all the rights it affords, for our children.
...who want to pass on our heritage.

We are daughters...

...who want to feel safe and confident on our own.
...who don't want to be forced to depend on men, restraining orders or call 911 to stand between us and an attacker.

We are sisters...
...who have different backgrounds and different political parties, but who abhor violent crime in America and want to do ...something about it.
...who believe in being responsible, knowledgeable gun owners.
...who know the right of self-defense is a basic human right.

We are women... And we have the right to bear arms.

Join the SAS Michigan e-list and be a part of the solution!
[SIZE=-1] MI-SAS@yahoogroups.com[/SIZE]

http://www.2asisters.net/mi/index.html

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

detroit_fan

Recruiting women to join our groups and help represent us should be our number one priority imo. we need to diversify, and when we show up in force we need people of all ages, races, and genders to stand with us. the more diverse we are the more people we reach with our message.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Recruiting women to join our groups and help represent us should be our number one priority imo. we need to diversify, and when we show up in force we need people of all ages, races, and genders to stand with us. the more diverse we are the more people we reach with our message.

Women supporting self-defense/RKBA are golden to our cause. Women w/children go platinum.

Ezerharden

I have already recruited one, she has applied for her CPL and has her own gun now. :banana: Your turn :lol:

bigt8261

My wife was about to sign up for a class and then we found out she is pregnant. We decided to hold off until afterwards, but she's still looking forward to it.

mastiff69

we have Women in our ranks...

We had a Woman at the first meeting that was held in Britten michigan in 2007 at Mc Donalds

Mrs. Mastiff
Venator,
Mr Mastiff,
Michigander,
& we have had many other Women in our group, they come & go like everyone else, But yes I agree with you we need more Women to join the firearm groups, I believe that many Women feel that it is a boys club.....

Last edited:

detroit_fan

We had a Woman at the first meeting that was held in Britten michigan in 2007 at Mc Donalds

Mrs. Mastiff
Venator,
Mr Mastiff,
Michigander,
& we have had many other Women in our group, they come & go like everyone else, But yes I agree with you we need more Women to join the firearm groups, I believe that many Women feel that it is a boys club.....
I'm not sure what the answer is, but I believe having a woman in a leadership position or maybe coordinating events could help. A woman organizing an OC lunch for other women interested in OC could possibly generate some interest. When we have tables at events a woman working the table would be a good idea, it may encourage more women to approach us and ask for information. I don't know, just a couple ideas, i'm sure someone has something better, but i really think it should be a top priority.

Raggs

Someone like Steel Magnolia

I'm not sure what the answer is, but I believe having a woman in a leadership position or maybe coordinating events could help. A woman organizing an OC lunch for other women interested in OC could possibly generate some interest. When we have tables at events a woman working the table would be a good idea, it may encourage more women to approach us and ask for information. I don't know, just a couple ideas, i'm sure someone has something better, but i really think it should be a top priority.

autosurgeon

Yeah Steel Magnolia is the MOC GrandRapids local coordinator... she also handles west to the lakeshore and anywhere else in the surrounding area.

MOC is run by volunteers so if you know of some likely ladies send em our way.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

detroit_fan

Someone like Steel Magnolia

great example, we need many more like her

Yeah Steel Magnolia is the MOC GrandRapids local coordinator... she also handles west to the lakeshore and anywhere else in the surrounding area.

MOC is run by volunteers so if you know of some likely ladies send em our way.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I think we should start talking about new ideas to bring interest from women to MOC. Not sure exactly what would work best, but an open discussion of different ideas would be a good idea. Maybe feedback from our(MOC) current female membership would be a good place to start. I'm not on twitter or any of the social media stuff but maybe we could utilize that to draw some interest? Are there shooting events aimed specifically at women? Maybe setting up a table at one of those events and staffing it with some female members would be an option.

Last edited: