Thread: School zone help!

School zone help!

I was setting here drinking coffee, and looking around the forum this morning when something clicked in my brain finally. I OC now, but am waiting on my CCW to arrive. The problem is that right across the street from where I live is an elementary school, and I had not even CONSIDERED any ramifications there may be. After a frantic search for the correct law concerning this, I came up with (18 U.S.C. 922(q) ). Sub paragraph B states that this does not apply to private property and I assume I am safe here.
    Does anyone know of any contradicting law that says I can't carry my gun openly back and forth to my car, or even set outside with it? I do not make a habit of setting around outside with it tho, lol.

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmeierholtz View Post
    I was setting here drinking coffee, and looking around the forum this morning when something clicked in my brain finally. I OC now, but am waiting on my CCW to arrive. The problem is that right across the street from where I live is an elementary school, and I had not even CONSIDERED any ramifications there may be. After a frantic search for the correct law concerning this, I came up with (18 U.S.C. 922(q) ). Sub paragraph B states that this does not apply to private property and I assume I am safe here.
    Does anyone know of any contradicting law that says I can't carry my gun openly back and forth to my car, or even set outside with it? I do not make a habit of setting around outside with it tho, lol.
    A more important question is whether anyone has been persecuted solely for having a gun near a school, and I can't find any case where this was A), the only charge, and B) not used against someone who was a problem in other ways (gang member, etc).

The clearly unconstitutional (still) Federal Gun-Free School Zone Act is completely unenforced in the free states. Don't give it a second thought in Nevada. Not even a federal cop is going to use it against someone who isn't already being arrested for drug-dealing or gang-banging.

You can open carry while walking past a school with no worries here.

Now, there is an added offense for LOITERING near a school with a firearm, but this is only when you are already guilty of loitering.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip