• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Richmond, VA CHP/ general handgun classes?

tpapenfuhs

I have been a frequent reader (and not as frequent poster) here for a while, and I would like some suggestions for good training classes around here. It will be primarily for qualifying my girlfriend and I for CHP, but we have been wanting some general training as well. We are both frequent shooters (we make it to the range at least once every few weeks, more if work/budget allows). That said, we would like to use part of our tax return money to invest in some training and getting CHP for the both of us. If money allows, we will be shopping for handguns as well, but that is still up in the air. That said, where/who's training would you recommend? I see some places listed at GT fairly regularly for about $75 per person, but would like to hear some others experiences/opinions. Also, for the record, I will likely OC most of the time, I just want to make sure I have my CHP to prevent misunderstandings and also so I don't have to go unarmed in certain places. Thanks for your time.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Proactive Shooters.
http://proactiveshooters.com/

A basic class that meets the CHP requirement runs $69.00. There are also more advanced classes one can take.

I have never heard a negative comment about Jim, his staff, or his company. You can't go wrong here.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Proactive Shooters.
http://proactiveshooters.com/

A basic class that meets the CHP requirement runs $69.00. There are also more advanced classes one can take.

I have never heard a negative comment about Jim, his staff, or his company. You can't go wrong here.

+1 on Proactive.

There is one other instructor I could recommend but won't because she works for the forces of dark.:uhoh:

scouser

another vote here for Proactive.

You might find someone as good if you search long enough, but you won't find anyone better.