• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nevada representatives and side question...

MP_4_Life

Hey guys, I just took a look at the new bill for this whole "assault weapons ban" thing, but when I went to look up my reps (turns out neither I like), I found it's Dean Heller (already knew) and Harry Reid, my question is if it's even worth my time to e-mail or call to voice my opinion about the bill? As far as I remember, both are pretty negative gun rights people. If I'm mistaken then please let me know.

Also, me and the wife were gonna go to Clark County Shooting Complex Saturday to shoot some rounds and see what weapon my wife would be comfortable with; however, they only have .22 rentals, which isn't worth us looking at but their rentals are not available due to the ammo shortage. Anyone able to recommend a good shop that will have decent rentals available and is located around NW side of town? To be specific if it helps, I live by the 95 and Durango. Thanks again for all your guys help.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Can't help with a rental shop recommendation, but normally when I go to the range, anyone is welcome to come and shoot anything I have which includes (among things no one seems to care about) 1911 in .45 or .22; Glock 19; Sig P6/P225; Kahr CW40; SA XD(s) .45; Ruger Mk II .22; S&W 65 .357; S&W 625 .45; Ruger Vaquero .45; CZ-70 .32; Walther P22; CZ-82 9mm Makarov; Tokarev 7.62mm; and some other stuff I'm too busy to think too hard about. So not a huge collection, but some diverse stuff that can help to narrow a selection based on frame type and manuals-of-arms and calibers.

Unfortunately, I am busy for the next several days and then on vacation, so I may not be available until late March again.

Last edited:

MP_4_Life

Can't help with a rental shop recommendation, but normally when I go to the range, anyone is welcome to come and shoot anything I have which includes (among things no one seems to care about) 1911 in .45 or .22; Glock 19; Sig P6/P225; Kahr CW40; SA XD(s) .45; Ruger Mk II .22; S&W 65 .357; S&W 625 .45; Ruger Vaquero .45; CZ-70 .32; Walther P22; CZ-82 9mm Makarov; Tokarev 7.62mm; and some other stuff I'm too busy to think to hard about. So not a huge collection, but some diverse stuff that can help to narrow a selection based on frame type and manuals-of-arms and calibers.

Unfortunately, I am busy for the next several days and then on vacation, so I may not be available until late March again.

Wish I could clone you Mac702. I might just wait til a time that your at the range and my wife and I can make it out to see you. Hopefully someone knows a decent place, if they exist in Vegas. Otherwise I'll just have to hit you up lol.

The Big Guy

Hey guys, I just took a look at the new bill for this whole "assault weapons ban" thing, but when I went to look up my reps (turns out neither I like), I found it's Dean Heller (already knew) and Harry Reid, my question is if it's even worth my time to e-mail or call to voice my opinion about the bill? As far as I remember, both are pretty negative gun rights people. If I'm mistaken then please let me know.

Also, me and the wife were gonna go to Clark County Shooting Complex Saturday to shoot some rounds and see what weapon my wife would be comfortable with; however, they only have .22 rentals, which isn't worth us looking at but their rentals are not available due to the ammo shortage. Anyone able to recommend a good shop that will have decent rentals available and is located around NW side of town? To be specific if it helps, I live by the 95 and Durango. Thanks again for all your guys help.

I don't know if this will help you at all but a guy I know is opening a new shooting range here in Henderson on Saturday. He gave me a handout for it. If I remember right, he said rentals are $10. They have ammo and provide ear/eye protection with it and have some super gizmo gun cleaner that they will clean your firearm for you afterwards. AND they will have free food for the grand opening (always good).

The address is 175 Cassia Way Ste A-1110. It is close by off the 95 Gibson exit near the automall.

TBG

MP_4_Life

I don't know if this will help you at all but a guy I know is opening a new shooting range here in Henderson on Saturday. He gave me a handout for it. If I remember right, he said rentals are $10. They have ammo and provide ear/eye protection with it and have some super gizmo gun cleaner that they will clean your firearm for you afterwards. AND they will have free food for the grand opening (always good).

The address is 175 Cassia Way Ste A-1110. It is close by off the 95 Gibson exit near the automall.

TBG

Oh alright. I just might check it out. Way out of my way but worth a stop if it gets my wife on a range.

wrightme

Yes, it is worth voicing your opinion.

Reid speaks out both sides of his mouth.

Heller, from my experience, is a supporter of the 2A.

Thank you for contacting me to express your views regarding gun control. I appreciate hearing from you.

As a gun owner, I welcomed the Supreme Court's decision in District of Columbia v. Heller, which made clear that every law abiding citizen has an individual constitutional right to keep and bear arms. We must work to protect this right by enforcing laws that keep guns away from terrorists and criminals. However, the rights of responsible gun owners should not be compromised by individuals who use firearms to commit crimes. Please be assured that I have noted your views regarding this issue, and that I will continue to use my leadership position in the Senate to defend the Second Amendment and to protect the interests of Nevada's gun owners.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. For more information about my work for Nevada, my role in the United States Senate Leadership, or to subscribe to regular e-mail updates on the issues that interest you, please visit my Web site at http://reid.senate.gov. I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

My best wishes to you.

Sincerely,
HARRY REID
United States Senator

HR:vb

Last edited:

The Big Guy

Yes, it is worth voicing your opinion.

Reid speaks out both sides of his mouth.

Heller, from my experience, is a supporter of the 2A.

Heller is mostly pro, but I don't trust him as far as I could through him. I think he'd sell us out in a heartbeat.

Harry? Depends on who he's talking to. Don't you just love how he signs his name in caps? Think there is some bloated ego there?

TBG

Harley

TBG

I might have to go check this place out too for the same reason. Shopping around for the wife. Any other info about the place? hours, fees, cost of ammo, etc?

Thanks

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
Hey guys, I just took a look at the new bill for this whole "assault weapons ban" thing, but when I went to look up my reps (turns out neither I like), I found it's Dean Heller (already knew) and Harry Reid, my question is if it's even worth my time to e-mail or call to voice my opinion about the bill?

YES.

If you write and mail them actual letters, though, it will carry more weight.

I'm assuming that you're a Republican.

In the letter to Whorehouse Harry, tell him that if he IN ANY WAY supports this restriction on your civil rights, you will not vote again for a Democrat -- and will send letters to each Dem seeking your vote to explain why.

In your letter to Heller, tell him that if he does anything other than FIGHT this scheme, you will leave the Republican Party, you will encourage family and friends to do so, and will not vote for Republicans at any level unless they openly proclaim not only their support for your civil rights, but that they offer specific promises -- including the repeal of this scheme -- and you will write letters to Republican candidates and Party officials explaining why they will no longer have your support.

When the Democrats are willing to make you a criminal, why would you vote for them?

When the Republicans act like Democrats, why would you vote for them?

The Big Guy

I might have to go check this place out too for the same reason. Shopping around for the wife. Any other info about the place? hours, fees, cost of ammo, etc?

Thanks

The flyer says it is open 8am to 9pm.

The phone number is 702-979-9494. Call and ask.

TBG

The Big Guy

I couldn't tell. The bottom half of the page was covered with puke by the time I read that far.

Thanks for the belly laugh and I needed it.

Just thinking again out loud. I wonder if they would call out all law enforcement and the national guard if a bunch of OC'ers showed up in front of his house one day with signs. Hmmmm! Invite the media, roast weenies and catch some springtime fresh air and sunshine. Someone could bring a bucket in case Mac got sick again.

TBG

MP_4_Life

Oh ok, so I didn't really know how our reps felt on gun control. I'll start drafting up some letters to them and voice my opinion to them. Thanks for all the good info guys. Sadly my car won't be fixed this weekend so I won't make that grand opening but I can check it out next weekend at least.