• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Baretta joins the fight!!

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Beretta is considering joining the fight. That's it. They haven't moved or announced any plans to do so. They have yet to join other firearms companies in restricting sales to state, local, and municipal agencies to match what private citizens can buy.

http://www.thepoliceloophole.com/

It's good for them to threaten and scare the politicians but they could do much more.

motoxmann

YES! big name companies like beretta and magpul make me grin when they make serious threats in response to rediculous and unconstitutional legislation

markand

Beretta isn't just "joining" the fight, Maryland picked a fight with Beretta. Provisions of MD's stupid law would interfere with the otherwise lawful shipment of Beretta guns to and from the factory for servicing, repair, etc. Maryland will probably put some kind of exemption in the law for Beretta, but I still hope Beretta takes a principled stand against this kind of nonsense. One of their officials said something to the effect that it wasn't right for employees to be making guns and products they couldn't legally possess or touch outside the factory.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Look at the number of firearms that Beretta sales to the Federal government, the biggest rights-infringing government in this country! I will NEVER own a Beretta firearm. They do not care about us, they simply care about their ability to make plenty of money. They will continue to make plenty of money without our business, because the US government is one of their biggest clients!

Beretta92FSLady

Glock sells their firearms to LEO's, and has Government contracts; I will never purchase a Glock for that very reason!

I'll stick with carrying my Beretta 92fs.

Glock:
The Glock 22 has become the top-selling handgun to police departments in the United States since the company debuted in the country in 1986. The company claims 65 percent of federal, state and local law enforcement agencies in the United States choose Glock pistols. http://govwin.com/anthonycritelli_blog/glock-guns-are-us-law/362195

I refuse to support firearms companies that support this anti-Liberty Government reigning over us.

Last edited:

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Glock sells their firearms to LEO's, and has Government contracts; I will never purchase a Glock for that very reason!

I'll stick with carrying my Beretta 92fs.

Glock:

I refuse to support firearms companies that support this anti-Liberty Government reigning over us.

How often do you see a Beretta add that is geared towards the "civillian?"

Does Beretta have a foundation like Glock does (GSSF) where "civillians" can obtain one Glock every year at cost?

Does Beretta have "civillian" sport shoots hundreds of times a year like Glock does?

Does Beretta offer free spring replacement and other parts replacement to Beretta owners?

Does Beretta sale reduced priced firearms for our local peace officers that can't afford to pay hundreds of dollars for a duty weapon?

I believe you all get my point. Glock cares about their customers AND money; Beretta just cares about money.

Last edited:

eye95

They all care about money.

Ain't a thing wrong with that.

They just have different approaches to making that money.

Ain't a thing wrong with that either.

I just like Glocks as firearms better than Berettas.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
They all care about money.

Ain't a thing wrong with that.

They just have different approaches to making that money.

Ain't a thing wrong with that either.

I just like Glocks as firearms better than Berettas.

You are right. I fixed the last sentence in my post to reflect that principle.

MyWifeSaidYes

These companies need to think about their future business. Who they pi.. off today may be a weapons contract decision maker tomorrow. They don't make money, they don't make guns.

Don't be mad at the companies or their decisions.

Focus ALL of your anger on the POLITICIANS that introduced and are trying to pass, or have passed, bad laws.

Do not lose that focus or split your efforts! Please!