• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Packin' Heat Meet & Greet, Part Deux! - April 27, 2013

PDXGuy

By popular demand (A LOT of demand!), Open Carry Vancouver is hosting the "Packin' Heat Meet & Greet, Part Deux!"

Saturday, April 27th, noon - 4 pm.

We'll meet at Coffee Villa in Orchards, WA for coffee, Patriotic shop-talk, and to exercise our 2nd Amendment and Washington state right-to-carry.

We've also issued an open-invitation to President Obama or Vice President Biden to come and discuss gun control.

Coffee Villa is always open-carry friendly.

Love to have you all!

RSVP, please. Details at https://www.facebook.com/events/316339381822465/

Regards,
Tony Thomas
Open Carry Vancouver, Founder

PDXGuy

UPDATE for Open Carry Event

We are honored to have Sheriff Richard Mack speak with us at the "Packin' Heat Meet & Greet" tomorrow at Coffee Villa.

We'll also have a drawing for a good number of 3-Point Tactical Slings, courtesy of SW Washington Surplus. Bring your business card and drop it in the fish bowl for a chance to win!

If you still need to RSVP, you can do that at https://www.facebook.com/events/316339381822465/

Hope to see you all there!

Regards,
Tony Thomas

Tackleberry1

We are honored to have Sheriff Richard Mack speak with us at the "Packin' Heat Meet & Greet" tomorrow at Coffee Villa.

We'll also have a drawing for a good number of 3-Point Tactical Slings, courtesy of SW Washington Surplus. Bring your business card and drop it in the fish bowl for a chance to win!

If you still need to RSVP, you can do that at https://www.facebook.com/events/316339381822465/

Hope to see you all there!

Regards,
Tony Thomas

I was there... My first OC experience after 17 years of CCW. Meeting Sheriff Mack was a nice surprise! When's the next one?

Also curious about VPD and Clark Co Sheriff responses to OC?

I saw no LEO's at Coffee Villa, am working on my "comfort zone" to OC elsewhere, and I'd like to hear from anyone who has been approached by LEO's in our area while exercising this right.

Tack

PDXGuy

I'm not sure when the next one is. I'm taking a little break. ;)

I'll probably be announcing plans next month.

We haven't had a single problem with police or protesters at either event, which has made it really enjoyable.

We've let the Sheriff know about both events and received no response. Doesn't really surprise me.

I hear he's pretty non-committal about the whole OC thing.

Tony