Thread: Juvenile Charge holdup on gun purchase

Juvenile Charge holdup on gun purchase

Hi all! I am looking for a bit of advice - people who have had this problem, can shed some light on the process to take now.... As a juvenile, I had a felony charge. I was never convicted and the case was dismissed.
    Now - 14 years later, I have purchased guns from dealers, gone to Canada, hunted out of state etc etc. I was denied a handgun purchase and the reasoning given on the NICS paperwork is 1999 felony conviction. NOT SO!
    I have paperwork from the uveile court showing the case dismissed and plan to appeal.
    Can anyone shed light on why this is a "thing" now? And advice for appealing?
    I have heard I should do paperwork to restore my gun rights, then seal the juvenile record - but why should I have to reinstate gun rights when as far as I can see I shouldn't have had them taken in the first place?
    Thanks

Banned

Juvenile Charge holdup on gun purchase

The government screws up and has no profit motive to correct its mistakes (or even not make them) to keep its "customers" happy.

Just do the appeal and realize that this is one more example of why there should not be NICS checks and why the government is the worst group of people to do anything except that which ONLY government can do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

no kidding! I know the appeal will go through - I guess I should wait to be sure then decide whether I need to restore my gun rights? .... beyond irritating

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    happy.

Just do the appeal ..

<o>
    Recommend certifying those court docs you want to send .. simple copies may not do it