Thread: Police Fatality Public Fact-finding Review?

Police Fatality Public Fact-finding Review?

Anyone familiar with this new process? If I understand right, the project is support to open the process to better investigate Officer involved shootings? A lot of stuff I'm seeing says that the process is worst than before and gives better protection from investigation? Anyone following this able to let me know? I would like to attend the first session with the investigation into stanley gibsons shooting; However, if it's true the process is worse now, I'd rather not attend out of sheer anger.

How do we know if its worse? Aren't the cops that shoot people for the last two years still refusing to cooperate with the procedure?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    How do we know if its worse? Aren't the cops that shoot people for the last two years still refusing to cooperate with the procedure?
    That's what I'm trying to find out, all I've seen about the process is the posts from cop block. They just say it keeps all the old problems that made the inquest ineffective, but adds another way for the cops to hide because their statements are only requested not required and that the questions people can have the representatives ask, are at the discretion of the questioner, so even if people want to ask a question, the people doing the "fact-finding" don't have to ask the question.

That's just one side of the opinions out there, so I'm trying to find another persons opinion to see if they agree or not. If not, I'll probably go to the hearing; otherwise, I'll just watch the proceedings on TV.