• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Does anyone rember the guy who was arrested...

jthe88mike

Does anyone rember the guy who was arrested by CSPD in July? Well that's me and I just wanted to say thanks for all the support. My lawyer and I are inating a peaceful resolve to the situation. But it seam that the CSPD lawyers don't Wana play ball. They keep saying we will get back to you it's getting a little redundant. When I come to the spring I have a hard time ocing and tend to cc because now once again I have a cc from sd. Does anyone have any idea on how to put some prusher on them??

carracer

I am a little unclear about the circumstances. Was/is there actually a law forbidding carry in the park? If so, is it not preempted by state law? I read the charges were dropped. What were the actual charges?

I agree with the media notification. Talk to some reporters. Someone will pick it up. Emails and phone calls to talk radio shows. I think the national shows would love this!

cch10000

Every time they delay or don't settle raise the settlement by $10,000 and tell them, every time we have to talk it goes up another 10

M-Taliesin

Howdy Pardner!
Have you filed a suit in court yet? Just the act of filing a suit is likely to put a burr under their collective saddle.
They don't think you've got the grit to take 'em on in court.
File, then they'll fall all over themselves to get back to you.
Urge your attorney to file.
Odds are, they'll be in touch immediately upon your having done so.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Saxxon

Yeah he was the guy in the video at the pride event, I remember his board handle.

jthe88mike, I actually tried to get ahold of you about that, because we have somewhat similar situations and it might have helped to hammer both PDs to work in some kind of national coverage, ie Fox News, that would cover such a story. Really it would be good if between the 2 of us and our attorneys we could get on Hannity's or other spot - hell I would LOVE to get some air time with Piers Morgan, he'd be close to tears in frustration since all his stupid rhetorical questions I ahve answers for, unlike the pizzeria owner he was berrating about a promotion favoring guns owners.

Right now I would wager a lot of the leftist media won't touch your story as it would serve to undercut their agenda with the raft of anti-gun bills the Democrats are pushing in the legislature. On the other hand given your life situation you are in a unique position to put pressure on the Speaker of the House and Senator Ulibarri that many of the rest of us cannot because they (in Ulibarri's case) try to play victim when confronted on thr firearms issues, relating threats they get on the bills to intolerance. If you watched the Senate debate you'd know that they were ALL getting threats on various legislation, as Senator Harvey noted, its part of the job and mostly rhetoric.

Ulibarri's statement that he might have opposed the legislation had he not gotten these threats I found offensive as it shows that he lumps all people opposed to the bills in a category represented by the worst person he can find. I personally have talked to him twice and he is so very quick to talk about having a civil debate etc while pushing a position that undermines people's rights - so when he is given civil debate, he refuses to incorporate information gained because of the conduct of other's uncivilized rhetoric. Would be great is someone informed him that is likely why he got some extreme comments, since that shows he actually has no respect for the other view or rights of others, and given time people recognize that.

We all need to hang together in defense of our rights or we'll all hang seperately. 200+ years later and still true as the day it was uttered.

Slidell Jim

Yeah I came across it again when his video got bumped on youtube yesterday.

I always like to see the follow-up to those youtube videos on police harassment & abuse, often though I have to wait months. This one is like 9 months old already and the legal part is just beginning.

I would like to read the court filing. I always find all that legal speak interesting. Anyone in CO know how to get it? it it "public record"? or would it have to be posted up here by the OP or complainant ? ( I realize the OP is the complainant, btw)