Thread: NY Supreme Court told the state to PROVE IT or else!!!!

NY Supreme Court told the state to PROVE IT or else!!!!

http://www.wktv.com/news/local/State...193664911.html

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKTV) - The Buffalo-based attorney who is spear-heading a lawsuit against Governor Andrew Cuomo's recent gun laws said that Wednesday was "monumental," as a State Supreme Court Justice issued an order requiring New York State to show good cause that the law is constitutional.
    New York State has until April 29 to respond or else an injunction will be issued.

On Thursday, thousands are expected in Albany to rally against the Governor's gun laws. Many are looking to preserve local jobs at places such as Remington Arms, while others say they are just citizens who feel that their Second Amendments are being infringed upon.
    Last edited by zack991; 02-28-2013 at 04:44 PM.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Banned
    They need to show good cause that existing laws are constitutional!

Even if the new law is struck down, NY remains one of the most oppressive anti-gun regimes.

Banned
    Of course they are not ... just read Miller 1939 (the gov't brief is helpful too in that case) and Heller I, 2008 case which re-affrimed Miller + more.

April 29th will be known as LIAR day ...

These idiots read heller where it says "dangerous" and off they go without reading 2 words more .. "and unusual"
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 02-28-2013 at 08:16 PM.

I wonder why the court issued the order. That court hates guns even more than others, so it's not out of concern for the rights of Nazi Yorkers. Regardless, Nazi York was unlivable for the gun rights advocate before Cuomo's "SAFE" act and will continue to be no matter what the court's decision.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    I wonder why the court issued the order. That court hates guns even more than others, so it's not out of concern for the rights of Nazi Yorkers. Regardless, Nazi York was unlivable for the gun rights advocate before Cuomo's "SAFE" act and will continue to be no matter what the court's decision.
    I hate it when folks call them NAZIs ... gives the NAZIs a bad name ...

I think that this case is not a 2nd amendment case though ...
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 02-28-2013 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post

Just wondering, but what, if anything do you have against Nazi's?

NY Supreme Court told the state to PROVE IT or else!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I hate it when folks call them NAZIs ... gives the NAZIs a bad name ...

I think that this case is not a 2nd amendment case though ...
    At least the Nazis were honest in their reasons for committing their atrocities.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    They need to show good cause that existing laws are constitutional!

Even if the new law is struck down, NY remains one of the most oppressive anti-gun regimes.
    Yes and this is a disgusting trend, done here in Washington too, the courts have ruled that laws are to presumed constitutional, putting the burden of proof upon it's citizenry.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)