• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NY Supreme Court told the state to PROVE IT or else!!!!

zack991

http://www.wktv.com/news/local/Stat...that-gun-law-is-constitutional-193664911.html

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKTV) - The Buffalo-based attorney who is spear-heading a lawsuit against Governor Andrew Cuomo's recent gun laws said that Wednesday was "monumental," as a State Supreme Court Justice issued an order requiring New York State to show good cause that the law is constitutional.
New York State has until April 29 to respond or else an injunction will be issued.

On Thursday, thousands are expected in Albany to rally against the Governor's gun laws. Many are looking to preserve local jobs at places such as Remington Arms, while others say they are just citizens who feel that their Second Amendments are being infringed upon.

Last edited:

eye95

They need to show good cause that existing laws are constitutional!

Even if the new law is struck down, NY remains one of the most oppressive anti-gun regimes.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Of course they are not ... just read Miller 1939 (the gov't brief is helpful too in that case) and Heller I, 2008 case which re-affrimed Miller + more.

April 29th will be known as LIAR day ...

These idiots read heller where it says "dangerous" and off they go without reading 2 words more .. "and unusual"

Last edited:

77zach

I wonder why the court issued the order. That court hates guns even more than others, so it's not out of concern for the rights of Nazi Yorkers. Regardless, Nazi York was unlivable for the gun rights advocate before Cuomo's "SAFE" act and will continue to be no matter what the court's decision.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I wonder why the court issued the order. That court hates guns even more than others, so it's not out of concern for the rights of Nazi Yorkers. Regardless, Nazi York was unlivable for the gun rights advocate before Cuomo's "SAFE" act and will continue to be no matter what the court's decision.

I hate it when folks call them NAZIs ... gives the NAZIs a bad name ...

I think that this case is not a 2nd amendment case though ...

Last edited:

Bmeierholtz

Just wondering, but what, if anything do you have against Nazi's?

sudden valley gunner

They need to show good cause that existing laws are constitutional!

Even if the new law is struck down, NY remains one of the most oppressive anti-gun regimes.

Yes and this is a disgusting trend, done here in Washington too, the courts have ruled that laws are to presumed constitutional, putting the burden of proof upon it's citizenry. :banghead: