Thread: Here's your chance to tell Bill Bolling what you think!

Here's your chance to tell Bill Bolling what you think!

Bill Bolling is soliciting advice on whether he should run as a third party candidate for Governor.

If you want the Democratic gun-grabber Terry McAuliffe to get the free pass to the Governor's mansion as Bolling splits the Republican vote, by all means support Bolling.

If not, you might want to let him know that too.

http://www.billbolling.com/2013/02/28/your-advice/

TFred

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Bill has been in a coma for how many years now.....and he wants to be Governor.

Comments sent.

Lt. Governor Bolling, I most sincerely thank you for your many years of dedicated service to this great Commonwealth of ours. Your commitment to representing the best interests of Virginians cannot be questioned. So, it is with the greatest of respect to you and what you have already done for Virginia that I humbly submit that our Commonwealth would now be best served through your stepping aside from the current race to be Virginia's next governor.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Presume he wants to be bought off with a sweetheart deal. He knows he can't win, but can possibly derail the train.

Can't really tell him what I think. That would violate forum rules and taint my gentlemanly persona.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I would support him running as I believe his a lot better choice than Ken Cuccinelli. Do I think it would split the republican vote? Yes and it's unfortunate that it should have to be that way, but I do not nor will I ever support Mr. Cuccinelli again. I would much rather see Bill Bolling running for the Republican spot and to see Ken back down although I know that won't happen. I've never voted democrat before, but I will if it means voting against Cuccinelli. I just cannot vote for him with a clear conscious.

Here's your chance to tell Bill Bolling what you think!

He would serve as the antithesis of my idea GOP candidate.

Sad to hear

Quote Originally Posted by hometheaterman View Post
    I would support him running as I believe his a lot better choice than Ken Cuccinelli. Do I think it would split the republican vote? Yes and it's unfortunate that it should have to be that way, but I do not nor will I ever support Mr. Cuccinelli again. I would much rather see Bill Bolling running for the Republican spot and to see Ken back down although I know that won't happen. I've never voted democrat before, but I will if it means voting against Cuccinelli. I just cannot vote for him with a clear conscious.
    Then you don't know anything about Terry.

I would vote for just about anyone before I would vote for McCullough. His undying support of NObama and Hitlery Clinton is just the start of why I would vote against him.

He has no respect for the Constitution especially the 2nd Amendment.

He is worse than Kaine, who hired armed guards during his campaign but has never supported the 2nd Amendment in ANY office he was elected to.

Unlike Grapeshot, I do not have his reputation for civility and believe in telling how I feel.

That being stated, It is your right to vote for whom you wish. This is America and that is also your right which I support.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    I, too, answered Bolling.

I told him I considered him *marginally* better than either of the two presumed candidates, and that I *might* hold my nose and vote for him if he could convince me he had somehow learned some respect for gays and women. On guns, he's OK - not great, but OK - no worse than Cuccinelli.

But I did mention that as of today, my vote is a write-in for NONE OF THE ABOVE.

Has everyone already forgotten that Mr. Bolling, as President of the Senate, sat by and did NOTHING while the Democrats ran the DeathStar subcommittees which ILLEGALLY killed almost every gun bill a couple years ago?

IMHO, that was EPIC failure, not even in the same league as anything Cuccinelli has ever done.

TFred

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    Has everyone already forgotten that Mr. Bolling, as President of the Senate, sat by and did NOTHING while the Democrats ran the DeathStar subcommittees which ILLEGALLY killed almost every gun bill a couple years ago?

IMHO, that was EPIC failure, not even in the same league as anything Cuccinelli has ever done.

TFred
    I don't want to start the Cuccinelli thing up again TFred. He did what the law required.

Bolling, as I said earlier, has been in a coma and done absolutely NOTHING the law required....for at least 8 years!
    I'm not really worried about Bolling splitting the vote because there are very few people misguided enough to vote for him.

Notice how diplomatic that was? That's what buying a plastic, kinder, gentler gun does to you

there are very few people misguided enough

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    I'm not really worried about Bolling splitting the vote because there are very few people misguided enough to vote for him.
    I have to disagree with that. I definitely believe that Ken will have a clear edge over Mcauliffe, but it will be a close race decided by only a few percentage points of the vote. If Bolling runs under a 3rd party, it is a guaranteed win for the democrats. As this thread has already shown, there are more than just a few who believe that Ken might be too radical for their tastes. Many will probably suck it up and vote for him if he his the only choice over the democrat. But, if Bolling is on the ballet, I believe that many will vote their conscience and split the republican vote. Even if it's <10%, that will be more than enough to turn the election.

Originally Posted by peter nap

Quote Originally Posted by VApatriot View Post
    I have to disagree with that. I definitely believe that Ken will have a clear edge over Mcauliffe, but it will be a close race decided by only a few percentage points of the vote. If Bolling runs under a 3rd party, it is a guaranteed win for the democrats. As this thread has already shown, there are more than just a few who believe that Ken might be too radical for their tastes. Many will probably suck it up and vote for him if he his the only choice over the democrat. But, if Bolling is on the ballet, I believe that many will vote their conscience and split the republican vote. Even if it's <10%, that will be more than enough to turn the election.
    Therein lays the problem. Just look at how many in Virginia voted to return the monarch to the presidency. Too many voted the way they did for all of the wrong reasons. Why should this election be any different?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Time is winding down on this. Bolling is supposed to make a decision later this week.

Here is the comment I just submitted to his web page.

TFred

Lt. Governor Bolling,

It is no easy thing to write to tell you that no, I most definitely do NOT support your independent run for Governor of Virginia.

I would go so far as to say that if you insist on running as an independent candidate, you might as well save yourself and thousands of Virginia citizens a LOT of time and money by just endorsing McAuliffe for Governor. I am certain that the outcome would be the same.

I certainly understand your disappointment with Mr. Cuccinelli and his decision to "jump in line" to run for Governor. Here is the simple fact which you will certainly not enjoy hearing, but that I write from my heart: You are not qualified to be a Republican Governor of Virginia.

Lt. Governor, you lost all credibility with me and with THOUSANDS of Virginians during the General Assembly session of 2010. The Democrats were in control of the Senate, and they created a last-minute "Special" subcommittee under the Courts of Justice Committee with the sole purpose to kill a couple dozen good bills that they did not like, but that they knew would pass if they were brought to the floor of the Senate. (They knew this was true, as several of the bills killed that year have passed in subsequent years and become law.) You, as President of the Senate, allowed them to violate the Senate's OWN Rules which CLEARLY do NOT allow subcommittees to kill bills. Your inaction was a clear statement to the Republicans of Virginia that you were not up to the job, and very sadly, I have no reason to believe that you will be up to the job as Governor any more than you were as Lt. Governor.

Please do not commit this ultimate betrayal of the Republicans of Virginia. If you run, you will lose, and you will take Cuccinelli with you, and a McAuliffe administration will set our state back in ways we cannot begin to imagine. I beg you to consider Virginia first.

Time is winding down on this. Bolling is supposed to make a decision later this week.

Here is the comment I just submitted to his web page.

TFred

Lt. Governor Bolling,

It is no easy thing to write to tell you that no, I most definitely do NOT support your independent run for Governor of Virginia.

I would go so far as to say that if you insist on running as an independent candidate, you might as well save yourself and thousands of Virginia citizens a LOT of time and money by just endorsing McAuliffe for Governor. I am certain that the outcome would be the same.

I certainly understand your disappointment with Mr. Cuccinelli and his decision to "jump in line" to run for Governor. Here is the simple fact which you will certainly not enjoy hearing, but that I write from my heart: You are not qualified to be a Republican Governor of Virginia.

Lt. Governor, you lost all credibility with me and with THOUSANDS of Virginians during the General Assembly session of 2010. The Democrats were in control of the Senate, and they created a last-minute "Special" subcommittee under the Courts of Justice Committee with the sole purpose to kill a couple dozen good bills that they did not like, but that they knew would pass if they were brought to the floor of the Senate. (They knew this was true, as several of the bills killed that year have passed in subsequent years and become law.) You, as President of the Senate, allowed them to violate the Senate's OWN Rules which CLEARLY do NOT allow subcommittees to kill bills. Your inaction was a clear statement to the Republicans of Virginia that you were not up to the job, and very sadly, I have no reason to believe that you will be up to the job as Governor any more than you were as Lt. Governor.

Please do not commit this ultimate betrayal of the Republicans of Virginia. If you run, you will lose, and you will take Cuccinelli with you, and a McAuliffe administration will set our state back in ways we cannot begin to imagine. I beg you to consider Virginia first.
    In my best Bill Bolling voice: "OK TFred, but what is in it for me?"

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    In my best Bill Bolling voice: "OK TFred, but what is in it for me?"
    A professorship at the state school of his choice?

TFred

TFred
    "State school" might concern him - think DOC Division of Youth Services, Beaumont.

At any school of higher education, he would have to author original papers to gain tenure I think - again I see a problem.

Isn't there something more suitable to his talents/abilities?

"Perplexed" meaning "Low Information" Voters?

TFred
    Larry Sabato declares a Bolling bid would give “a lot of perplexed people a place to go.”

Bolling could reset race for Virginia governor
    Gov. Bill Bolling has a big decision to make this week.

Does he run for governor as an independent against GOP nominee Ken Cuccinelli and Democrat Terry McAuliffe — or does he emulate basketball superstar LeBron James and take his talents to South Beach?

Bolling could be a contender — emphasis on the ‘could be’ — a real contender,” said Larry Sabato, head of the Center for Politics at the University of Virginia.

Sabato said there is enough unhappiness with the current candidates that a Bolling bid would give “a lot of perplexed people a place to go.”

“And even if he doesn’t win, depending on the positions he takes, he could end up hurting Cuccinelli more, or he could end up hurting McAuliffe more.”

Those moves signaled a split between tea party conservatives and establishment conservatives that party officials are still trying to reconcile as the 2013 campaigns begin in earnest.
    Perplexing, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Repeater View Post
    Larry Sabato declares a Bolling bid would give “a lot of perplexed people a place to go.”

Bolling could reset race for Virginia governor

Perplexing, huh?
    Sabato is no friend of conservatives. Only a moron would believe that Bolling could ever hurt McAuliffe more than Cuccinelli.

IMHO, of course. If you believe that Bolling could hurt McAuliffe more, then I apologize. For being the one to tell you that you are a moron!

TFred

Sabato is no friend of conservatives. Only a moron would believe that Bolling could ever hurt McAuliffe more than Cuccinelli.

IMHO, of course. If you believe that Bolling could hurt McAuliffe more, then I apologize. For being the one to tell you that you are a moron!

TFred
    He jumps, he spins, double reverse lay-up and HE SCORES! Nice shot!

Is it really that much worse to have three bad candidates than to have two?

Quote Originally Posted by Tess View Post
    Is it really that much worse to have three bad candidates than to have two?
    WE have a lot of not so good 'Republicans" in the VA representation, at the federal level as well:

In the House, Majority Leader Eric Cantor, along with the help of Rep. Scott Rigell (VA), Patrick Meehan (PA) and others, have stated openly that they will work together with anti-gun Democrats from Maryland and New York to tighten restrictions on private firearms sales and expand background checks.

http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.c...act_id=2002132
    http://www.powerlineblog.com/archive...just-begun.php
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

excerpt By Marko Kloos (http://munchkinwrangler.wordpress.com/?s=major+caudill)

Bolling says no to possible independent campaign for governor!

BOLLING SAYS NO TO POSSIBLE INDEPENDENT CAMPAIGN FOR GOVERNOR

Lieutenant Governor cites financial, political and personal reasons for decision; pledges to continue working to build a better Virginia

Richmond – Lieutenant Governor Bolling today released the following statement:
    “When I suspended my campaign for the Republican Party's nomination for Governor, I indicated that I wanted to be a more independent voice for Virginia, speaking out more objectively on the important issues facing our state. Over the past several months, I have done just that. I have sought to call Virginia to a higher purpose, focusing more on policy than politics and more on the next generation than the next election.
    Received email this morning - media announcement should be available shortly.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 03-12-2013 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    BOLLING SAYS NO TO POSSIBLE INDEPENDENT CAMPAIGN FOR GOVERNOR
    Yay!

Thanks for sharing.

TFred
    Last edited by TFred; 03-12-2013 at 11:38 AM.

Yay!

Thanks for sharing.

TFred
    Here is the T/D news release.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/la...9bb30f31a.html

Quote Originally Posted by nuc65 View Post
    WE have a lot of not so good 'Republicans" in the VA representation, at the federal level as well:

In the House, Majority Leader Eric Cantor, along with the help of Rep. Scott Rigell (VA), Patrick Meehan (PA) and others, have stated openly that they will work together with anti-gun Democrats from Maryland and New York to tighten restrictions on private firearms sales and expand background checks.

http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.c...act_id=2002132
    http://www.powerlineblog.com/archive...just-begun.php

Your post appears to have no linkage to my question, so I don't know why you quoted it, but it's moot.

I don't give a tinker's dam what party they come from. Fortunately, we still get write-ins in the Commonwealth, as I cannot in good conscience vote for an anti-rights Cuccinelli or a carpetbagging, big-government, nanny-stater McAuliffe.

My question was what makes three bad candidates worse than two bad candidates?