• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Here's your chance to tell Bill Bolling what you think!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Bill has been in a coma for how many years now.....and he wants to be Governor.:banana:

VApatriot

Comments sent.

Lt. Governor Bolling, I most sincerely thank you for your many years of dedicated service to this great Commonwealth of ours. Your commitment to representing the best interests of Virginians cannot be questioned. So, it is with the greatest of respect to you and what you have already done for Virginia that I humbly submit that our Commonwealth would now be best served through your stepping aside from the current race to be Virginia's next governor.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Presume he wants to be bought off with a sweetheart deal. He knows he can't win, but can possibly derail the train.

Can't really tell him what I think. That would violate forum rules and taint my gentlemanly persona.

hometheaterman

I would support him running as I believe his a lot better choice than Ken Cuccinelli. Do I think it would split the republican vote? Yes and it's unfortunate that it should have to be that way, but I do not nor will I ever support Mr. Cuccinelli again. I would much rather see Bill Bolling running for the Republican spot and to see Ken back down although I know that won't happen. I've never voted democrat before, but I will if it means voting against Cuccinelli. I just cannot vote for him with a clear conscious.

va_tazdad

Sad to hear

I would support him running as I believe his a lot better choice than Ken Cuccinelli. Do I think it would split the republican vote? Yes and it's unfortunate that it should have to be that way, but I do not nor will I ever support Mr. Cuccinelli again. I would much rather see Bill Bolling running for the Republican spot and to see Ken back down although I know that won't happen. I've never voted democrat before, but I will if it means voting against Cuccinelli. I just cannot vote for him with a clear conscious.

Then you don't know anything about Terry.

I would vote for just about anyone before I would vote for McCullough. His undying support of NObama and Hitlery Clinton is just the start of why I would vote against him.

He has no respect for the Constitution especially the 2nd Amendment.

He is worse than Kaine, who hired armed guards during his campaign but has never supported the 2nd Amendment in ANY office he was elected to.

Unlike Grapeshot, I do not have his reputation for civility and believe in telling how I feel.

That being stated, It is your right to vote for whom you wish. This is America and that is also your right which I support.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
I, too, answered Bolling.

I told him I considered him *marginally* better than either of the two presumed candidates, and that I *might* hold my nose and vote for him if he could convince me he had somehow learned some respect for gays and women. On guns, he's OK - not great, but OK - no worse than Cuccinelli.

But I did mention that as of today, my vote is a write-in for NONE OF THE ABOVE.

TFred

Has everyone already forgotten that Mr. Bolling, as President of the Senate, sat by and did NOTHING while the Democrats ran the DeathStar subcommittees which ILLEGALLY killed almost every gun bill a couple years ago?

IMHO, that was EPIC failure, not even in the same league as anything Cuccinelli has ever done.

TFred

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Has everyone already forgotten that Mr. Bolling, as President of the Senate, sat by and did NOTHING while the Democrats ran the DeathStar subcommittees which ILLEGALLY killed almost every gun bill a couple years ago?

IMHO, that was EPIC failure, not even in the same league as anything Cuccinelli has ever done.

TFred

I don't want to start the Cuccinelli thing up again TFred. He did what the law required.

Bolling, as I said earlier, has been in a coma and done absolutely NOTHING the law required....for at least 8 years!
I'm not really worried about Bolling splitting the vote because there are very few people misguided enough to vote for him.

Notice how diplomatic that was? That's what buying a plastic, kinder, gentler gun does to you:lol::lol::lol:

there are very few people misguided enough
:lol::lol:

VApatriot

I'm not really worried about Bolling splitting the vote because there are very few people misguided enough to vote for him.

I have to disagree with that. I definitely believe that Ken will have a clear edge over Mcauliffe, but it will be a close race decided by only a few percentage points of the vote. If Bolling runs under a 3rd party, it is a guaranteed win for the democrats. As this thread has already shown, there are more than just a few who believe that Ken might be too radical for their tastes. Many will probably suck it up and vote for him if he his the only choice over the democrat. But, if Bolling is on the ballet, I believe that many will vote their conscience and split the republican vote. Even if it's <10%, that will be more than enough to turn the election.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by peter nap

I have to disagree with that. I definitely believe that Ken will have a clear edge over Mcauliffe, but it will be a close race decided by only a few percentage points of the vote. If Bolling runs under a 3rd party, it is a guaranteed win for the democrats. As this thread has already shown, there are more than just a few who believe that Ken might be too radical for their tastes. Many will probably suck it up and vote for him if he his the only choice over the democrat. But, if Bolling is on the ballet, I believe that many will vote their conscience and split the republican vote. Even if it's <10%, that will be more than enough to turn the election.

Therein lays the problem. Just look at how many in Virginia voted to return the monarch to the presidency. Too many voted the way they did for all of the wrong reasons. Why should this election be any different?

TFred

Time is winding down on this. Bolling is supposed to make a decision later this week.

Here is the comment I just submitted to his web page.

TFred

Lt. Governor Bolling,

It is no easy thing to write to tell you that no, I most definitely do NOT support your independent run for Governor of Virginia.

I would go so far as to say that if you insist on running as an independent candidate, you might as well save yourself and thousands of Virginia citizens a LOT of time and money by just endorsing McAuliffe for Governor. I am certain that the outcome would be the same.

I certainly understand your disappointment with Mr. Cuccinelli and his decision to "jump in line" to run for Governor. Here is the simple fact which you will certainly not enjoy hearing, but that I write from my heart: You are not qualified to be a Republican Governor of Virginia.

Lt. Governor, you lost all credibility with me and with THOUSANDS of Virginians during the General Assembly session of 2010. The Democrats were in control of the Senate, and they created a last-minute "Special" subcommittee under the Courts of Justice Committee with the sole purpose to kill a couple dozen good bills that they did not like, but that they knew would pass if they were brought to the floor of the Senate. (They knew this was true, as several of the bills killed that year have passed in subsequent years and become law.) You, as President of the Senate, allowed them to violate the Senate's OWN Rules which CLEARLY do NOT allow subcommittees to kill bills. Your inaction was a clear statement to the Republicans of Virginia that you were not up to the job, and very sadly, I have no reason to believe that you will be up to the job as Governor any more than you were as Lt. Governor.

Please do not commit this ultimate betrayal of the Republicans of Virginia. If you run, you will lose, and you will take Cuccinelli with you, and a McAuliffe administration will set our state back in ways we cannot begin to imagine. I beg you to consider Virginia first.​

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Time is winding down on this. Bolling is supposed to make a decision later this week.

Here is the comment I just submitted to his web page.

TFred

Lt. Governor Bolling,

It is no easy thing to write to tell you that no, I most definitely do NOT support your independent run for Governor of Virginia.

I would go so far as to say that if you insist on running as an independent candidate, you might as well save yourself and thousands of Virginia citizens a LOT of time and money by just endorsing McAuliffe for Governor. I am certain that the outcome would be the same.

I certainly understand your disappointment with Mr. Cuccinelli and his decision to "jump in line" to run for Governor. Here is the simple fact which you will certainly not enjoy hearing, but that I write from my heart: You are not qualified to be a Republican Governor of Virginia.

Lt. Governor, you lost all credibility with me and with THOUSANDS of Virginians during the General Assembly session of 2010. The Democrats were in control of the Senate, and they created a last-minute "Special" subcommittee under the Courts of Justice Committee with the sole purpose to kill a couple dozen good bills that they did not like, but that they knew would pass if they were brought to the floor of the Senate. (They knew this was true, as several of the bills killed that year have passed in subsequent years and become law.) You, as President of the Senate, allowed them to violate the Senate's OWN Rules which CLEARLY do NOT allow subcommittees to kill bills. Your inaction was a clear statement to the Republicans of Virginia that you were not up to the job, and very sadly, I have no reason to believe that you will be up to the job as Governor any more than you were as Lt. Governor.

Please do not commit this ultimate betrayal of the Republicans of Virginia. If you run, you will lose, and you will take Cuccinelli with you, and a McAuliffe administration will set our state back in ways we cannot begin to imagine. I beg you to consider Virginia first.​

In my best Bill Bolling voice: "OK TFred, but what is in it for me?" :cuss:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
A professorship at the state school of his choice? :)

TFred

"State school" might concern him - think DOC Division of Youth Services, Beaumont.

At any school of higher education, he would have to author original papers to gain tenure I think - again I see a problem.

Isn't there something more suitable to his talents/abilities?

Repeater

"Perplexed" meaning "Low Information" Voters?

A professorship at the state school of his choice? :)

TFred

Larry Sabato declares a Bolling bid would give “a lot of perplexed people a place to go.”

Bolling could reset race for Virginia governor
Gov. Bill Bolling has a big decision to make this week.

Does he run for governor as an independent against GOP nominee Ken Cuccinelli and Democrat Terry McAuliffe — or does he emulate basketball superstar LeBron James and take his talents to South Beach?

Bolling could be a contender — emphasis on the ‘could be’ — a real contender,” said Larry Sabato, head of the Center for Politics at the University of Virginia.

Sabato said there is enough unhappiness with the current candidates that a Bolling bid would give “a lot of perplexed people a place to go.”

“And even if he doesn’t win, depending on the positions he takes, he could end up hurting Cuccinelli more, or he could end up hurting McAuliffe more.”

Those moves signaled a split between tea party conservatives and establishment conservatives that party officials are still trying to reconcile as the 2013 campaigns begin in earnest.

Perplexing, huh?

TFred

Larry Sabato declares a Bolling bid would give “a lot of perplexed people a place to go.”

Bolling could reset race for Virginia governor

Perplexing, huh?
Sabato is no friend of conservatives. Only a moron would believe that Bolling could ever hurt McAuliffe more than Cuccinelli.

IMHO, of course. If you believe that Bolling could hurt McAuliffe more, then I apologize. For being the one to tell you that you are a moron! ;)

TFred

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Sabato is no friend of conservatives. Only a moron would believe that Bolling could ever hurt McAuliffe more than Cuccinelli.

IMHO, of course. If you believe that Bolling could hurt McAuliffe more, then I apologize. For being the one to tell you that you are a moron! ;)

TFred

He jumps, he spins, double reverse lay-up and HE SCORES! Nice shot!

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Is it really that much worse to have three bad candidates than to have two?