• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CTSGV and American issurectionist?

papa bear

i have not seen any American insurrectionist, Have you? this really shows how much the gun grabbers will stretch it to make their point.

and i think i am being accused of treason here also

What are Assault Weapons Really For?

This morning, the Senate Judiciary Committee will conduct an important hearing to consider the Assault Weapons Ban of 2013, legislation introduced by Senator Dianne Feinstein that
would take military-style firearms off the civilian market and ban high-capacity ammunition magazines. Undoubtedly, claims will be made by some Senators on the committee that assault weapons are merely "scary-looking pieces of plastic" that are functionally equivalent to your grandfather's hunting rifle.

scaled_e1361928694.jpg
But what are assault weapons really for?

Please click here to access the written testimony I submitted for the hearing which comments on the intersection between support for assault weapons and insurrectionist ideology. In this testimony I make two primary assertions:

• Semiautomatics AR-15s are now the weapon of choice for violent insurrectionists in the United States.

• Contrary to the assertions of the gun lobby—the taking up of arms against our government by individuals (or armed mobs) has always been considered treason.

One doesn't have to look hard to find evidence of the true purpose of assault weapons. Right-wing academic David Kopel—who recently testified before the committee—has written that since “resistance to tyranny or invasion would be a guerrilla war…‘assault weapons’ would be useful and citizen resistance might well prove successful." And none other than NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre told Senate Judiciary Members that the Second Amendment was drafted to allow civilians to fight back against police, the military, and other government officials.

Such radical ideology had little standing with our Founders, who made it clear in the Constitution that the role of the Militia was to "suppress Insurrections," not to foment them. But it has proven far more successful in generating profits for the gun industry through a decades-long fearmongering campaign warning Americans about the dangers of forcible gun confiscation and even enslavement by our democratic government.

It's time for an honest debate about the role assault weapons play in our politics and culture. I hope my testimony can contribute to that dialogue.

Sincerely,

Josh Horwitz
Executive Director

e1263927507.jpg

Coalition to Stop Gun Violence

1424 L Street NW, Suite 2-1, Washington, DC 20005
202-408-0061 | csgv@csgv.org | www.csgv.org

If you have received this message from a friend, please visit www.csgv.org and sign up for information on our activities. When you register, you can modify your email communication preferences, make a personal profile or remove yourself from all email lists and visit the site whenever you please.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica] 1424 L Street, NW Suite 2-1 | Washington, Washington, D.C. 20005 US[/FONT]

OC for ME

The Coalition to Stop Gun Violence is only interested in banning guns, which means that the LAC will not be able to prevent criminals from perpetrating gun violence upon them, because only LACs are affected by gun bans.