• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hopkinsville Chief denied citizen to bear arms in police station

09jisaac

100% Correct. I don't Care if they comply or not. Actually, I'd prefer they didn't. Then we could sue them over and over.

This is very short sighted Gutshot and I don't believe you actually feel this way. We want to file suit against government officials only to force their compliance with the law so that everyone is more free, not to profit in the short term.

self preservation

This is very short sighted Gutshot and I don't believe you actually feel this way. We want to file suit against government officials only to force their compliance with the law so that everyone is more free, not to profit in the short term.

Couldn't it be both? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

KYGlockster

Activist Member

I do feel that way, exactly that way. I don't think it is the slightest bit short sighted. I don't know how you think I could "profit in the short term". My only reason to sue them is to force compliance, but do it in a way that will assure their continued and permanent compliance. A lawsuit is the only thing that does that and guarantees compliance in the long term. Just getting them to agree to it doesn't work. They soon forget, they feel it politically better for them to go back to their old ways or a new administration takes over. I want this fixed for good.

I agree 100%!

09jisaac

If you got your wish Gutshot, one person would lose his/her right for self defense one time (at least) per suit.

You would want someone to lose a right temporarily often just to make sure the person taking the right learns a lesson this time, but not the next?

The lawyer taking the case would be the one profiting on the short term, I didn't say you. It would only be a short term advancement though as the government wouldn't be footing the bill but it would be us, the citizens.

One post states that you don't want them to comply, the next says you want to force them to comply. You cannot have both, if you force compliance, they are complying.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
If you got your wish Gutshot, one person would lose his/her right for self defense one time (at least) per suit.

You would want someone to lose a right temporarily often just to make sure the person taking the right learns a lesson this time, but not the next?

The lawyer taking the case would be the one profiting on the short term, I didn't say you. It would only be a short term advancement though as the government wouldn't be footing the bill but it would be us, the citizens.

One post states that you don't want them to comply, the next says you want to force them to comply. You cannot have both, if you force compliance, they are complying.

He doesn't want them to comply by their own free-will because he wants to sue them. By suing them, he is FORCING them to comply through the courts. Once the courts grant an injunction, they can NEVER again bring about their illegal ordinance or signage. If they comply on their own, then after awhile they may think it is okay to bring back their ordinance or sign, and since there would be NO court order demanding them to remove their ordinance or signage, nothing would stop them from doing so. It is BEST to get them to comply through the courts, because after that they can never institute any type of infringement again.

If someone was arrested for exercising a right that is protected by 65.870, then they have ONE HELL OF A CASE. They would NOT lose their rights, and they would protect everyone in the future who decides to exercise theirs.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
...If they comply on their own, then after awhile they may think it is okay to bring back their ordinance or sign, and since there would be NO court order demanding them to remove their ordinance or signage, nothing would stop them from doing so. It is BEST to get them to comply through the courts, because after that they can never institute any type of infringement again...
As you say, Gutshot's thinking is exactly right.

And, if one pays attention/is involved in civil rights activism of any kind (e.g. firearm rights activism) one will see this sort of "slippage" happen over and over again.

solus

--Deleted quote -- see above

so your first post to OCDO is to visit Three yo thread and degrade another member w/o any type of cite or explaination?

this should be well received...

ipse

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir Diealotz

so your first post to OCDO is to visit Three yo thread and degrade another member w/o any type of cite or explaination?

this should be well received...

ipse

No doubt... I tried to post a funny Necro Thread Meme but failed... The internets hates me LOL!

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Do some research on this guy, he is a world class **** with numerous run ins with authority. This is NOT the guy you want to be the poster child in your struggle for gun rights.

You forgot to put "authority" in quotation marks.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Do some research on this guy, he is a world class **** with numerous run ins with authority. This is NOT the guy you want to be the poster child in your struggle for gun rights.
What's your badge number? :question:

Interestingly enough, the officer, after later in the video claiming the fellow's gun was "concealed", at the beginning of the tape he mentions the gun!