• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Connecticut Carry - Announcement - Ramp up the Pressure

Rich B

From: http://ctcarry.com/Announcement/Details/a01ad6b1-ca8f-44e3-9129-1c3b743a3209

Connecticut Carry - Announcement - Ramp Up the Pressure

Committee to Release Proposals on Tuesday

The Gun Violence Committee of the Bipartisan Task Force on Gun Violence Prevention and Children’s Safety plans to issue their proposal(s) on Tuesday, March 5th, 2013. It is more important than ever that we ramp up the pressure and the communications to them.

Let’s ramp the pressure up and keep it up all weekend up until next Tuesday. We can all sacrifice a good portion of our weekend to fight for our rights, and it is extremely important that we all do so.

While we must remain polite and professional to further our cause, it is time to make sure they understand the ramifications of their actions. Language talking about how they are going to lose someone who voted for them in the past, and how you will be actively campaigning and working to ensure that they will not win their election for their next term if they vote on any restrictions on our rights is strongly encouraged.

Remind them what happened to the makeup of the U.S. Congress after they passed the “Assault Weapons Ban” of 1994. This can and should happen to them again if they implement similar laws on us in Connecticut.

Please remember that there is no acceptable compromise to be had here with people who are advocating for such extreme measures. Indicating support for any gun control measure only weakens our collective cause and strengthens their resolve. If you have not been absolute in the past, you are strongly encouraged to consider being absolute now.

Please remind the committee that there is no law that they can pass that will stop someone so deranged that they will murder their mother and kill 20 children and 6 adults in an elementary school.

Please remember to copy our special email address set up specially to archive such an effort: la@ctcarry.com

You should also consider calling these representatives and senators as well as emails. We need to make sure that the weekend before they issue their proposal that they are seeing unprecedented levels of pressure. Ask family members and friends to make their own calls and emails as well. Get anyone who can write an email or dial a phone involved. If you have children who are involved in shooting sports, get them involved as well.

We are making a huge difference. The legislative committee is showing signs of weakening their resolve. Let’s make sure they never forget our voices on this matter.

We have a list of legislators that are on the Gun Violence Committee, along with their emails and phone numbers on our website:

http://ctcarry.com/Legislative/CommitteeDetails?comm_code=GVTF

There is a link at the top of the page that can be followed for a dump of the email addresses that can simply be copied and pasted into your email client.

Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

Richard Burgess
President
Connecticut Carry, Inc
Ph: 203-208-9577
Email: rich@ctcarry.com
http://ctcarry.com

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Don't forget that the plan was to e-cert a bill (says so on gop & democrat websites) ... so contact the speaker and the president of the senate -- they have to sign off on the bills ...

Sen Williams &

Rep. Sharkley

And I discovered WHY I was not allowed to enter the capitol bldg on the 28th of Jan Gun Violence hearing --- because I would not answer the cops questions at check in...not that they had any other reasons, just because I would not answer questions.

So, I filed another FOI complaint under 2 counts: 1) no entry allowed to attend the meeting and 2) that they allowed ALL newtown residents to testify w/o an exclusionary lottery but made US participate in an exclusionary lottery.

Both are grounds to vacate the 28th meeting. This would put any law passed in an unfavorable light ...

davidmcbeth

Banned
From: http://ctcarry.com/Announcement/Details/a01ad6b1-ca8f-44e3-9129-1c3b743a3209

Remind them what happened to the makeup of the U.S. Congress after they passed the “Assault Weapons Ban” of 1994. This can and should happen to them again if they implement similar laws on us in Connecticut.

I would also remind them that the ban in 1994 was passed BEFORE it was established that the 2nd amendment was incorporated in 2008 by the Heller case....so saying that they can ban now because they could ban then is a dubious idea (SCOTUS never considered the 1994 ban).